No announcement yet.

Southeast Iowa Live.....Come Along for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just now catching up to this, went hunting myself today. Congrats on a very unique buck Mike ! That’s some deery looking territory you hunt, the midwest is special.

Comment

Done !!!

Buck is quartered up and is on ice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Great deer buddy. I know you needed that. Now you can go back to being retired!
        Thanks Glenn !!! Yes. You are right. The deer were winning.....until they weren't.[emoji1783]

Time to reload. I still got tags. I won't shoot another buck (bow or gun) unless it's a slammer. I have two doe tags, but like I told you we have a real shortage of does so I ain't shooting one.....at least not in our river drainage.

Comment

Awesome

Now get some rest and get to trying to fill that other tag

Comment

Well done sir

Comment

Congratulations Mike.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Just now catching up to this, went hunting myself today. Congrats on a very unique buck Mike ! That’s some deery looking territory you hunt, the midwest is special.
                Thanks !!!

Yes !!! We love it. It can be some tough hunting and then happens before you know it. I am pretty beat up right now. I am going to take a handfull of ibuprofen tonight, rest tomorrow and then regroup and do some more hunting. I am going to be taking my digital camera and try to get some good photos. If a Iowa timber hog steps out I still have a tag.[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Got him !!! Best I could do on pictures right now. I am by myself. I got to get him loaded up in the Ranger. I am very fortunate to be able to drive right to him. There is some serious elevation changes in here. I would hate to think I had to drag him up the ridge that I just walked.

Dude! That’s a great buck! Worth the time you put in plus some.

Comment

He's got a lot of character! I think he's cool too

Comment

Congratulations Mike. Enjoying following along on your hunts. Glad you were able to connect with a good one!

Comment

[QUOTE=Arrowsmith;15242020]Got him !!! Best I could do on pictures right now. I am by myself. I got to get him loaded up in the Ranger. I am very fortunate to be able to drive right to him. There is some serious elevation changes in here. I would hate to think I had to drag him up the ridge that I just walked.

Awesome buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Great buck Mike!!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Mike you got it going on. Congrats on another successful year on your home place.

Comment

Unique rack for sure. Congratulations.

Get you a Harbor Freight winch for $59 and mount it on the headache rack to pull them beasts into the Ranger.

Comment

I left my saddle rig in the tree yesterday after I shot the buck I went back and got it today. I have had a couple of questions and PMs about it.

I am getting more comfortable each hunt. I have been doing 4 to 5 hour sits. I feel I could do an all day, but I have not tried yet.

Here is my saddle rig.

One Rapid Rail and 3 Hawk Helium climbing sticks. I can get to 15-16 feet depending on how I spaced the sticks. The buck I killed yesterday never knew I was there. I also had a small 8 point under my tree while I was drawing on the buck.

Tethrd Phantom saddle
                                Tethrd tree tether with Ropeman 1
                                Tethrd Predator platform
                                DYI linesman's belt with Ropeman 1

Comment

Working...
                                X