No announcement yet.

Southeast Iowa Live.....Come Along for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest is good, with naps is gooder. See you in the morning.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Great info right here. This man has killed a pile of huge Iowa bucks including a 200"+ on October 29th.

Take a look.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Mike, just found this thread.... good luck. Will be following along.

Mark

Comment

I went back to the river meadow area this morning. It was 26 degrees when I left the house with a heavy frost. It was and is a beautiful morning after heavy rain and gusty wind yesterday.

I saw a buck at about 7:00am but could not tell much about him. He was up in the timber where I hunted last week. A young 8 point came by at about 70 yards at about 8:00am. I grunted at him and he looked but appeared to move on. At about 9:45am I spotted some movement up on the ridge in front of me. I immediately saw white antlers. I grunted at the buck and he immediately looked my way. He was about 80 yards away. I then catch movement at the bottom of the ridge and realized the small 8 point that I had seen earlier was coming to the grunt call. Then I see the bigger buck coming to the grunt also.

Now I have two bucks coming in. The young 8 comes in under my tree and the bigger buck goes to a licking branch at a scrape at about 25 yards. I recognized this buck. I had two pictures of this buck and had seen him once from about 70 yards up in the timber. This buck is no Iowa giant by any means, but is a really cool looking buck. He has split G2s on his left side, split G3s on his right side and a drop brow tine.

Since I have two buck tags I decided to shoot this deer. He left the scrape and gave me a shot at 22 yards. The shot looked good. I getting down now to look for him.

Here is a picture of where I first saw him up on the ridge and where he came down the ridge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Give him time and good luck on the track.

Comment

Alrighty! Good luck with the track and in for the pics.

Comment

Alright Mike!!!!!! Good luck on the track.

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright, good luck on the track.

Comment

Nice! Let’s see some ldp’s

Comment

Way to go, Mike!

Comment

Good luck on the recovery

Comment