Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Done with mechanical broadhead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crc View Post
    Stop shooting pixie sticks and get some telephone poles

Quit blaming broadheads
    Sorry, you must be a Rage guy. Or a novice.

Comment

There have been surveys done where hunters were queried about equipment used.
      But if you just look at people you hunt with.
      For example I hunted a lease for six years with an average of 10 people killing deer on the lease and an average of 4 deer killed per hunter. 40 deer over 6 years is 240 deer.
      Everyone of us shot mechanical heads.
      That's one deer lease. In that time less than 10 deer were in recovered or recovered too late to consume.
      One of those was mine.
      Tom Mranda kills animals all over the world with Rage Extreme heads.
      Just saying something sucks isn't evidence. The hundreds of thousands sold, used and repeat customers of them every year is better evidence they work.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

There is no doubt a CoC head gives better penetration.

Comment

I like my mechanicals “rage hypos” and they like meat, ribs, shoulders.... they are not picky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	24633517

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mechanicals

why shoot pigs with mechanicals anyway??? they weren’t designed for em!
            carry 2 fixed blade shafts and 4 mech for deer good to go

Comment

i agree rage hypo’s are nasty

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                why shoot pigs with mechanicals anyway??? they weren’t designed for em!
                carry 2 fixed blade shafts and 4 mech for deer good to go
                Anybody know what mechanicals were designed for?

Comment

..... ducks?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So why is a head designated as +P (plus penetration) a smaller cutting diameter? Rage makes a 2" cut hypodermic, then a 1.5" cut hypo +P. Wouldn't that extra half inch give more penetration because of more cutting area?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      I am betting that most folks tune their bows and rests before the shoot any heads. And i'll take that bet regarding my launcher. How much we talking?
                      Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        shot a hog and couldn't find it? that's ideal perfect pig shot.
                        Winner!

Comment

I think it was stated previous. Use what you have confidence in. If it isn't mechanical heads so be it. It doesn't make you right or wrong.
                          Personally I got away from the Rage heads with the Oring design. Lost confidence in them, on pigs no less, and went to Montecs as I knew a pig slayer who swore by them. Buy they seemed to get dull when the breeze blew over them and I went on to other heads.
                          Finally back to the Rage heads and killed a bunch of animals including pigs.
                          Still have them but don't shoot my compound as much. But when I do it's a Rage head or a micro hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            If you bowhunt long enough you will develop a feeling about one broadhead or another, and someone else can be 180 degrees from you. Any time I make a bad shot it is absolutely the broadhead's fault and I will never shoot that one again. Several broadhead's are in the "never shoot" pile for me, and they are the go-tos for some of my friends. When we have good luck with one, we tend to stay with it.

I am another one that loves my Grim Reapers. I have shot the Whitetail Special for years. This year I am opting for the Whitetail Extreme because I said the only way to make the Whitetail Special better is to give it four blades. They did.
                            Shooting the same

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                              I am betting that most folks tune their bows and rests before the shoot any heads.
                              I think most will be surprised at how many NEVER tune their bow or shoot their BH's before they go hunt, shoot mechanicals because they are the easiest to get to fly close to their FP's and then complain when they loose an animal due to poor penetration or whatever.

Rocky is 100% correct with the fall away rests. Look at all the top target archers in the world. not sure but I would be willing to bet none shoot a fall away rest due to the inconsistency of a fall away, especially when they are shooting at what 90 meters!

Mechanicals came about (Puckett Bloodtrailers) to get around fixed or replaceable heads not flying like FPs.

Fall away rest came about to try and aleviate fletching contact.

Just my opinions.

Comment

Were you on the ground or in the air

Comment

Working...
                                X