Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    fify
    Maybe so....

Comment

Old Texas hunting rule of thumb - feeders and stands should be 100 yards from your neighbors fence , evidently he is a rookie.

Comment

To me this is different than most of our fence hunting discussions. Friend leases small acreage next to you after knowing what you have seen and then pits feeder as close possible to yours and then has the nerve to ask for tractor access across your property.

Oh HALE NAW

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
          Old Texas hunting rule of thumb - feeders and stands should be 100 yards from your neighbors fence , evidently he is a rookie.
          I can’t get 100 yards from my neighbors fence.....guess I can’t hunt my
          11 acres?

Comment

The only ethical question I see here is why you feel entitled to tell someone else what to do on land that the lease or own. Man just hunt and enjoy life.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              The only ethical question I see here is why you feel entitled to tell someone else what to do on land that the lease or own. Man just hunt and enjoy life.

-john
              I don't think he is? He wants to know if he should not only say it's ok to hunt close to him but be nice enough to actually help him by letting him drive around and through his land to get to his feeder area.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                11 acres?
                I think there used to be laws of a minimum acreage a person is allowed to hunt on

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  11 acres?
                  I have killed some good bucks on my 6.5ac piece and I have also killed some good Axis on a 8ac piece.
                  Is 6 acres enough to hunt?( I asked google, answer from the QDMA.)
                  Yes, you can create dynamic deer habitat on only 6 acres that is highly attractive to neighborhood deer and will allow you to enjoy great hunting on this tract. No, working alone from a 6-acre base of operations, you cannot effectively manage the local deer population (the “Herd Management” Cornerstone of QDM).Apr 29, 2012

Quality Deer Management on Six Acres? | QDMA
                  www.qdma.com › quality-deer-management-six-acres

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Let the man hunt and not worry about it

Comment

Where ya at OP? Following for an update.

Comment

If he's just wanting to mow around his feeder suggest he use a weedeater instead. He can carry that across the creek like he did his feeder. I used a weedeater on my feeder area this weekend- no tractor needed, and my wife didn't have to ask permission for me.

Comment

He can hunt where he wants but he’s not disrupting my area this close to season...

Comment

I would just tell him not to worry about mowing and explain that in a week or two and the hogs will have it down to the dirt anyway. Then wish him luck and move on with life.

Comment

Is he gun or bow hunting? My main concern would be gun hunting on 5 acres. Especially if it is only 50 yards wide.

Comment

Throw me in the let him hunt crowd. A feeder that is 40 yards from the property line isn't all that close. Perhaps talk to the guy and let him know where your stand is for safety considerations and also inform him that projectiles crossing the property line are illegal. I'd also trade cell phone numbers as it sounds like either one of you could face a situation with wounded game crossing the property line.

I don't really see the problem. I know that some people want to act like this is a safety issue, when in reality, they don't want someone killing a deer that they themselves don't own. Whatever happened to just getting out there, having some fun and congratulating someone on a good kill if they are the lucky hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X