Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hunt!!

Comment

I'm not sure which is the ethics question. Hunters needing advice on whether to help other hunters out or managing how another guy hunts his own property? Reverse the roles. What would you want then? I'd like to think I'd help the guy out. Let this season play out. If you have to dodge bullets or other issues arise, reevaluate next year as the plant life is going to grow back.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
        Pretty rough crowd here. I completely understand your frustration. I’d talk to the guy, maybe he doesn’t know how close he is to your feeder. I’d let that convo determine my next move.
        No to many years ago most of the replies would have been......make your gut
        Pile right there, **** there every day.
        Things are changing for the better

Comment

In a world full of hate, be the light.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
            I'm not sure which is the ethics question. Hunters needing advice on whether to help other hunters out or managing how another guy hunts his own property? Reverse the roles. What would you want then? I'd like to think I'd help the guy out. Let this season play out. If you have to dodge bullets or other issues arise, reevaluate next year as the plant life is going to grow back.
            I would much rather avoid the chance for this rather than waiting to see if it is going to happen. You should too..

Comment

This situation suck$. I'm not sure how big your place is, but I'm trying to understand how this guy will access his blind normally. Is he coming in by boat or is it a short walk across the creek from the road. Seems like every post here makes sense, weather you help him or not. If you help him with the tractor access, then there will be another ask followed by another ask...you really need to lease that spot next time it opens.

I guess you need to let me through, but with the landowners permission. Will his liability fall on you? Might want to draw up a liability waiver.

Also, I would ask your wife to limit the deer hunting chat with the other spouse.

Comment

I'd offer to meet him out there to help, especially given the relationship your wives have. At least then you'll get to know him and will be able to get a feel for how this may play out moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing you can do. He will probably brush hog next weekend.

Comment

They are just DEER...friendships are worth more just my two cents...I have seen deer ruin relationships just like money can and to me none of that is worth it... now if it is unsafe and the direction of his feeder is at one of your stands or camp then I can see a problem but otherwise rock on and don't let it get to ya!!

Comment

Just let it ride

Comment

I have a section of ground that's actually on the other side of the fence. We own it but the lease holder thinks it's on his property. At one time he had a feeder about 50 yards from it. He gripes and thought we would move ours

Our feeder had been there for 15 years it only took him 6 or 7 to figure out it wasn't going anywhere.

He moved.

#feederseniority

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I get what you're saying OP, but here's my take on it, just a suggestion.

Visit with him, talk face to face as has been suggested. Offer to help him mow and then let him know where your feeder is and how close his is to yours.

In any case, good luck with it, don't dwell on it and don't lose a friend over it.

Comment

Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Offer to help

Yep and as your helping him bring something up about how it’s a terrible spot lol. Then when he turns his back sprinkle some deer repellant around his feeder. Maybe accidentally spill some gasoline. Yeah I’m no help[emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Texas Stalker; 09-27-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                              Yep and as your helping him bring something up about how it’s a terrible spot lol. Then when he turns his back sprinkle some deer repellant around his feeder. Maybe accidentally spill some gasoline. Yeah I’m no help[emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Gasoline, soap, moth balls, human hair, gut piles, cologne, perfume or ammonia does not work, so I hear, but a high fence has an amazing affect.. It did for us anyway..
                              The wire went up and all of the sudden the 3 feeders, that were literally slinging corn over our fence, disappeared as did the 3 box stands...
                              Amazing how that worked... And yes we tried the neighborly route for 5 years.. Day lease owners do not care to negotiate..
                              Last edited by PondPopper; 09-27-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Do not let him have access from your place to mow his. If he put a feeder across the creek then he can cross the creek on his mower to mow, if not maybe he will give up and move it back to his side of the creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X