Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunter Ethic's question and Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Gasoline, soap, moth balls, human hair, gut piles, cologne, perfume or ammonia does not work, so I hear, but a high fence has an amazing affect.. It did for us anyway..
    The wire went up and all of the sudden the 3 feeders, that were literally slinging corn over our fence, disappeared as did the 3 box stands...
    Amazing how that worked... And yes we tried the neighborly route for 5 years.. Day lease owners do not care to negotiate..

I can tell you what has helped keep the deer away on my place in oklahoma......bears. Ever since mama bear and her cub took up residence at two feeders I have not seen more than a couple deer in the last month. Good news is they haven’t been around this week. Hopefully they are getting ready to crawl up in their den and take an extended nap. Too bad it’s not a big male bear or I’d be buying a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
      I can tell you what has helped keep the deer away on my place in oklahoma......bears. Ever since mama bear and her cub took up residence at two feeders I have not seen more than a couple deer in the last month. Good news is they haven’t been around this week. Hopefully they are getting ready to crawl up in their den and take an extended nap. Too bad it’s not a big male bear or I’d be buying a tag.

A bear being a predator plus they stink something fierce I can see that..

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Offer to help
        This

Comment

Count your blessings and press on. Help him out, sounds like there is a already some type of relationship their, keep it positive. He may be able to help you one day.

Comment

All you get here is opinions. Do what you think you can live with.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              pretty honest crowd here.
              fify

Comment

I don’t think It’s been asked but he is wanting to access his tractor through your property? And has to cross the creek to do it, that means he is going to have to drive the tractor through the creek each time he mows it ? If this is the case, he is going to tread the crap out of the creek banks, and I would not let him do it. I may have misunderstood everything and this is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Let the man hunt and not worry about it

This^^^^^

I can’t believe how many folks get bent out of shape about folks hunting on their own property!!!

SMDH

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Offer to help
                    This

Comment

Set your feeder timer 5-10 minutes before his throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        This^^^^^

I can’t believe how many folks get bent out of shape about folks hunting on their own property!!!

SMDH

Bisch

I think OP said guy in question is leasing the land.

I'd tell him no just because he got the wives involved in the husbands hunting issue. Next year, not so close to the opener and we could talk about maybe an arrangement.

Comment

Wow! It’s hard to believe that a placement of a feeder or someone thinking someone else is hunting to close to there to their property causes hard feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            So the neighbors property is less than 50 yards wide, and his feeder is 40 yards from your fence. Sounds to me like he’s about as far away from you as he can be.

I personally wouldn’t be an arse about it. I’d help the guy out. If it really bothers you that bad then offer to buy his 5 acres.

Just to me sure... is it the neighbor/friend hunting the place or did they lease out the 5 acres to a hunter? I guess that would make a difference to me. In that case I may not be as helpful, but I would try to lease it for next season
                            Word.

Comment

Seems to me like it would take a new hunter or *** to ask another hunter this close to season if they can use your property for access in order to get their feeder area shredded when they're obviously set up close to your feeder.

If I read right the guy leasing can't drive through the creek so he wants to drive around using roads and use the OP's land to access his leased land. He will be shooting across the creek. So when he shoots a deer I'd assume he will be asking if he can drive around again through your property to pick it up?

I see both sides. It is just a deer as many have mentioned. But guys saying that probably have plenty of deer. I have no idea how many deer are on the OPs property but if there's not many then deer can mean something. I remember back in the days sitting and seeing zero deer for 5 or 6 sits.

Comment

[quote=ctburt0n;15127661]So it wouldn't bother you to have another hunter's feeder less than 150 yards away from you.[/
                                Originally posted by ctburt0n View Post
                                Our property isn't 50 yards wide and we own land on both side of the creek. Our feeder is 100 yards from the property line. He is leasing that to hunt on.
                                Sounds like you have a lot more options than he does.

Comment

Working...
                                X