No announcement yet.

Feeling bummed maybe hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't feel like you are not good enough. You have made a great gesture. You have offered them both a gift that they didn't have. It's not on you whether or not they accept the gift, but on them.
    Keep on doing good.

Comment

Buddy, Is that you??

All kidding aside you seem to have done more than what is called for. Have you considered that some folks just say they want to do something when asked because they feel bad about saying no. They than make excuses to not go out.

If you need a hand at the Brady lease I can help with labor on weekends.
      Last edited by Pedernal; 09-05-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Time to find some new folks to give the invitation to

Comment

Offer that spot up to a member on here.Lot's of folks looking for a place to teach their youngster about the outdoors.Hell,you'll make 2 new buddies the first trip out.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

They may be your friends, A and B. But don’t have the passion for hunting like you do. Keep the door open and make some more buddies. There is more to hunting than killing something. The work and friendship made is the major part of it. I miss hanging out around the fire, more than anything else.

Comment

Hit me up I’ll be buddy a, but show up

Comment

I can be buddy B

Comment

[emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

I might offer up the spots on here.

I got to admit I was very worried about posting this. Seems like my threads tend to bring a lot of negative comments.

I must admit the replies thus far have been refreshing and uplifting.
                  Thank you

Comment

Lose their numbers. I had done the same thing for folks and when I was need of some help or a lead what did I get ? Crickets. Note to the young guys on here. Don’t waste time on people. You don’t have to be mean. Just move on. Look at what antler collector did for the man on his lease. All he was asking for was the guy to do the right thing and couldn’t get him to do that. I’m a former Marine and was a peace officer as well till I got a craw full of it. Life is wasaaayyyyy to short for b s. Again, lose their numbers.

Comment

Some people just aren't avid hunters. Sounds like you just need to find some that are.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                        They may be your friends, A and B. But don’t have the passion for hunting like you do. Keep the door open and make some more buddies. There is more to hunting than killing something. The work and friendship made is the major part of it. I miss hanging out around the fire, more than anything else.
                        Yes sir, both of my hunting "buddies" have moved on to the happy hunting grounds. I miss the armadillo hunts we used to go on in the name of scouting, the campfires, building and clearing for stands, and the anticipation of the hunts to come more than the killing of game. Sometimes, I'll find an old cedar shaft and shave it to accept a broadhead just to get that smell again and bring back some fond memories.

Comment

Can I be your buddy I have no friends

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                            I hunted with a buddy and his dad for years...still do today. For the first 10 years or so, my $ was so tight I couldn't afford to sneeze. They paid the lease AND invited me out every time they went...why? Because I could provide labor, and loved doing it. I helped at camp, set up feeders, stands, cleared lanes, filled whatever labor needs I could. I would buy dinner or bring some special foods when we would go out.
                            We built a relationship.
                            Now, almost 20 years later, we are still together. There have been times when I have paid the lease bill, corn bill and drove my truck and my gas to take them out. I still do it now. When I save for my lease payment, I save enough to cover the entire lease payment just in case they can't get the $ together. Then if I only pay half, I buy all the corn. I could never repay what they have meant to me.

All that aside, there have been others they have offered the same opportunity. Come work with us and we will give you a spot to hunt. Some people just don't want to commit to the labor or the hunt.

Move on. Be their friend still but know the hunt passion is not in them. That's ok. They still make good friends. Heck, somebody has to taste your new recipe made with the animal you killed at your lease.

.....and God Bless America.
                            Lk

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              I've been reading the replies.

I don't think I have any real expectations from anyone.

I don't like hunting alone. To me it's a group activity
                              Your title say "maybe hurt". If thats the case, you had expectations. Nothing wrong with that but at some point you have to understand they were your expectations, not theirs, and be ok with it. If you want it for them more than they want it for themselves, it causes you to feel like somethings wrong with you that they don't want to share this great thing with you. Thats not the case and its not about you, its about this thing that they don't feel the same about. Nothing more than that and thats ok. Your doing what God wants which is to give generously. But He also wants you to give with a joyful heart. Don't make it about you, make it about Him and you'll find that joy.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m on a lease with four other guys. One guy actually has the lease in his name so the rest of us are just hangers-on I do all the mowing and the planting of food plots because I have a tractor and implements, but they all chip in their share of the money for seed and fertilizer. Three of them still work, my best friend and I are retired, so we do most of the actual work. The other three are paying our social security so it all evens out

If I didn’t enjoy making the lease better, I wouldn’t do it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X