Feeling bummed maybe hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    So I like to hunt. Friends of mine like to hunt.

They have limited $. I have a little extra $ at times. So I help outfit them as I can. Granted some of it was hand me downs. I'd buy something thinking it would fill a want. Kinda does, but not really like i thought it would or wanted it too. I'd shelve it get something else. They'd express an interest in it. I'd give it to them.

So I've got a place in Brady.

One of my buddies has been a non paying member for 3 years now. I cover his share. Says he wants to go. Yet he ain't never been.
    We'll call him buddy A

Another buddy wants to there but don't have the money. Ok I can work with that. I offered him the spit on a barter situation. You clear shooting lanes and keep feeders filled the spots yours.
    He still hasn't decided. Let's call him buddy B

Is it man pride or Texas pride that's getting in the way?

Buddy A is/was in fulltime ministry.
    Buddy B has Child Support.

I have a personal relationship with these men. I just don't get it. I pour my love and generosity it on them and get kicked in the taint for it.

It gets old fast and in a hurry. Got shots here by the house to set up for them but they don't want to help so I ain't going to. I've got my stuff planned and gear compiled.
    I hear you, that's tough-- sounds like you've been generous and for whatever reason they don't prioritize making it happen.
    I've been in that position and it's no good.
    Good on you-- for your own peace of mind try and let go of the outcome.

Comment

Working...
    X