No announcement yet.

Feeling bummed maybe hurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, just wow. That's all I've got to say about that.

If someone offered me an opportunity like that, I'd at least take advantage of the offer to hunt and help OR tell the man that I just can't do that to you.
    Last edited by hpdrifter; 09-05-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

C'mon. What does God's word say. Give from the heart, expect nothing in return brother. Tells us when we give don't let the right hand know what the left hands doing. Praise God that you are able to give!!!!

Comment

I’d just accept the fact that they don’t want to hunt with a drama queen.

Comment

I've been reading the replies.

I don't think I have any real expectations from anyone.

I don't like hunting alone. To me it's a group activity

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
            C'mon. What does God's word say. Give from the heart, expect nothing in return brother. Tells us when we give don't let the right hand know what the left hands doing. Praise God that you are able to give!!!!
            God must of not been a deer hunter in TX

Comment

You are a good friend.

Buddy A and B are not good friends. Heck, don't label them "buddy" anymore. :-)

Seriously, no good deed goes unpunished at times.

Comment

Man, if I give something from the heart you better utilize it. If not, I reach into my bag, select a stone and fling it.

Comment

I like this too it’s a good reminder.But feelings are feelings,I find myself in the same boat year after year.I never had kids so when there is a spot not hunted by the end of the year I make sure a youngin gets to shoot it up and then I send lots of pictures.

Comment

OP, I get it. You want to share the place with both your buddies, but at the end of the day, they really aren't interested in it like you are.

I would agree with another's post and that if Buddy A hasn't gone in 3 years, its time to give his spot up to someone else.

I have the opposite problem then you. My buddy has access, now owns really, 110 acres from his inlaws that have passed on. It could really be a great place, but I can't get him to commit to doing any work out there. The best part is his father-inlaw left him everything we need to do the work.

Last year he did not hunt at all. He offered me the key to the place several times, but like you, I wanted to share the experience. Pointed out to him that I can go on WMAs all I want by myself.

Says he's going to hunt this year, so we'll see, but man, it good be a great little set up.

Hope you work it out.

Comment

The hurt part of the title

I'm not a fan of sharing ME. ME being my innermost feelings. It opens me up to emotional pain.

I've done all this from the heart. I feel like somehow I'm not good enough.

As I was thinking on this thread I started this just popped into my head. Coincidence? or Divine?

God has blessed me in innumerable ways. He's poured out His love for me on Calvary's Cross. What have I done with his Love and the gifts He's given me?
                      Am I not like Buddy A & B?

I'm not sure how to think or respond now.....

Comment

you are definitely overthinking this. There are a whole lot of men that like the idea of deer hunting but when it comes time to actually doing work, paying money, or actually getting up at 4:30 a.m. all that goes out the window. They buy camo stuff every now and then and they'll watch a hunting show on TV. everybody wants to do outdoors stuff until it's time to leave the house. Don't worry about it

Comment

I agree w chew, you just gota find a friend who is into hunting just like you. Actually going hunting is what im talking about. Not talking the talk, but walking the walk. I hunt alot, but i hunt to spend time w my kids, i hunt to watch my kids smile w accomplishment, i hunt to watch my dogs progress, i hunt for many reasons. So dont let your buddies bum you out. Keep at it! And keep a smile on your face!

Comment

Buddy A is on you, after year 1.

Buddy B sounds too lazy to put in the work.

Buddy C (me) is both willing and able.

Comment

Sound like you need some new buddies, buddy.
                              I'm too fat and lazy to do much work but I have money.

Comment

Hunting

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                                Your a good friend...………….
                                You've done, all you can...……….
                                Don't let it bother you, anymore.....
                                Move on..………..
                                Right On. Do you buy the toilet paper and have to show them how to use it. Just Joking. You can bring a Woman to the stove but do you have to show her what's it's for ??????

Comment

Working...
                                X