No announcement yet.

Thieves got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a kick in the pants. Good luck on the comps Cooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      Well, nothing back on the truck. My wife left her house keys in the console. Since the insurance card was in the truck with my address on it. I spent Saturday changing locks on all the doors so my 12 year old daughter could relax a little bit. She’s been scared at night since the truck got stolen. I’d gladly give up the truck to get 10 minutes with the punks just for scaring her!

Went to a few dealerships tonight to try and get my own comps before dealing with the insurance company. Not many 2018s on lots

Such a pain in the arse!
      Use www.autotrader.com to get a good feel for the approximate market value of your vehicle. Very useful tool as you can enter the particulars of your vehicle and should provide you with some several comparables. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I’ve never had a truck stolen. How does the insurance work? I bought it new in 2018 and put a ton down on it. Been working my butt off since I bought it to get it paid off. I only owe about $10k on it. I’m assuming It’ll be the depreciated value, subtract what I owe and I get the rest? Just trying to figure out how bad I’m going to be hosed on this��
        Yes it sucks they are going to wait 7-10 day to make sure it’s not found and if it they will call you and any you to drop everything to go get it right then I had one stolen in 2017 a 96 f350 7.3 a friend of mine found it about a week later called police and they wrecked the truck chasing it but drive got away but yes they will pay truck off and give you the rest I have a number to a guy the deals with diminish valves of vehicle he helped me save 2500 when my wife totaled her last car I would call them so get a value on it to be prepared for the worse that way you Can get as much as you can

Comment

Well, the truck was never found. State Farm did us right after turning down there first offer. Took about two weeks for my wife to finally decide what truck she wanted to go with. She finally decided on a 2020 GMC. Added a little money to what the insurance company gave us and was able to pay cash for the truck. Brought it home last Thursday. Still a pain in the arse and I hope the thieves burn in hail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7609FC0-1A44-4723-AB86-D6B00F2CD344.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	24629487

Comment

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

Simple theft deterrent. Nothing is 100% but I have this on my dually.

Had a truck stolen right out of my driveway 7 years ago. It’s a terrible feeling... Hope the OP gets his back...

Comment

Working...
            X