Thieves got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    We're becoming like family with our local police. People keep driving stolen vehicles through the fence around our business to steal our equipment. Even the officers tell you it's the same people over and over. Just keep letting them out.
    And you'd go to prison if you protected your property by shooting them. Its all azzzzbackwards. Stupid system doesn't work. There is no justice.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

We're becoming like family with our local police. People keep driving stolen vehicles through the fence around our business to steal our equipment. Even the officers tell you it's the same people over and over. Just keep letting them out.
      Sounds like good ole Boss Ogg action.

Comment

CEO. Say no more. Woodlands tx area. Houston in general is full of theives. Crazy how brave they are out here also. Busted my truck window and stole a gun out of my rig in 5 minutes with a security guard in the parking lot. Cop told me it happens daily there. [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one stolen in 2004. It's a sick feeling to walk outside and not see your truck there.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Sounds like good ole Boss Ogg action.
            It may be. We're in Montgomery County but the vehicles are always stolen from Harris. Hell, one from two nights ago was a Harris County Pollution Control truck.

Cops say they steal stuff from one county and sell it in a neighboring county.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              I’ve never had a truck stolen. How does the insurance work? I bought it new in 2018 and put a ton down on it. Been working my butt off since I bought it to get it paid off. I only owe about $10k on it. I’m assuming It’ll be the depreciated value, subtract what I owe and I get the rest? Just trying to figure out how bad I’m going to be hosed on this��
              Yup. Current value of vehicle (or whatever your insurance company says is the current value), pay what you owe to the lienholder and the balance to you.

Comment

I’ve never had a truck stolen. How does the insurance work? I bought it new in 2018 and put a ton down on it. Been working my butt off since I bought it to get it paid off. I only owe about $10k on it. I’m assuming It’ll be the depreciated value, subtract what I owe and I get the rest? Just trying to figure out how bad I’m going to be hosed on this��
                I've only had one truck stolen and luckily it was found a few days later. I have had two trucks totaled. Both times insurance gave me quite a bit more than I was expecting. May not be as bad as you think.
                Last edited by CEO; 08-14-2020, 08:17 AM.

Comment

So what my Insurance did was they got the current market value by shopping local dealers for the comp and came up with an average value based off three different Silverados and trims. They will ask you the miles, condition, aftermarket add-ons. etc.. and adjust the value based off the provided information. If you only owed $10k, you they will pay off the balance and send you the rest based on the value. I ended up getting my own comps, but there aren't very many 2018 Silverados for sale, probably because they are all being stolen, and the trims that they did have for sale didn't match the options of the Centennial Edition. My insurance ended up just combining options, like the redline and realtree to try and match the options.

Comment

Sounds like y’all need some railroad rail or cement filled pipe

Comment

Took the family to Pappadeaux’s to celebrate my wife’s birthday. Came out, thought I’d forgot where I parked the truck. Nope! Truck gone😡

I freaking hate a thief and wish to God I could have caught them in the act!
                      Was this the one in duncanville?

Comment

Sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarbro55 View Post
                          Was this the one in duncanville?

Yes. It was at the Duncanville location

Comment

Took the family to Pappadeaux’s to celebrate my wife’s birthday. Came out, thought I’d forgot where I parked the truck. Nope! Truck gone😡

I freaking hate a thief and wish to God I could have caught them in the act!
                            where did this happen? So, I DON'T go there....

Comment

Originally posted by Meatcutter View Post
                              where did this happen? So, I DON'T go there....

See the post above yours, posted half a day ago.

I never thought I'd need to base my next vehicle purchase based on how popular it is to steal.

Comment

I'd rig a truck and park it there just to catch them. put in a fuel shut off and a door lock override.

Comment

Working...
                                X