Thieves got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith View Post
    See the post above yours, posted half a day ago.

I never thought I'd need to base my next vehicle purchase based on how popular it is to steal.
    More like how easy it is to steal! This is a known issue. As has been mentioned, a quick swap of the ECM and neutralizing the Onstar, both of which are very accessible, and the truck is stolen. The good news is something as simple and cheap as a steering wheel lock will mitigate a lot of the "quick take" thefts.

cricman

Comment

I bought a new Chevrolet truck in 1991 and had an alarm installed. I also cut a wire feeding the distributor and added a toggle switch hidden under the dash. Even if they could bypass the alarm, they couldn't start it, it wouldn't fire. I luckily never had anyone try to steal it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        I bought a new Chevrolet truck in 1991 and had an alarm installed. I also cut a wire feeding the distributor and added a toggle switch hidden under the dash. Even if they could bypass the alarm, they couldn't start it, it wouldn't fire. I luckily never had anyone try to steal it.

You May have had em try, they just couldn’t. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          You May have had em try, they just couldn’t. [emoji51]

It was never broken into.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

When I get a new truck, I will try to remember to always use “the Club” steering wheel lock. Those gotta deter POSs from stealing.

and happy birthday to the wife. Safe hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              It was stolen in Duncanville.
              It's dark over there, heard of several vehicles being stolen lately. Sorry to hear this, like everyone I hate a thief.

Comment

I guess we as hard working, law abiding, tax paying citizens are going to have to resort to posting armed guards around our vehicles whenever we travel and wherever we travel. Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                  Sorry to hear that.

When I get a new truck, I will try to remember to always use “the Club” steering wheel lock. Those gotta deter POSs from stealing.

and happy birthday to the wife. Safe hunting

A cutoff tool laughs at the club. Off in less than 10 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                    It's dark over there, heard of several vehicles being stolen lately. Sorry to hear this, like everyone I hate a thief.

Yep!!! Like really really pitch dark[emoji15]

Had a buddy get his stolen while he was standing there with the door open and holding the gas nozzle filling it up. His was a new camaro.

That takes a hardened criminal to be that brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                      Yep!!! Like really really pitch dark[emoji15]

Had a buddy get his stolen while he was standing there with the door open and holding the gas nozzle filling it up. His was a new camaro.

That takes a hardened criminal to be that brave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or someone tweaked out of their gourd

Comment

They are good at what they do, I feel like if several of the thieves got smoked and the owners walked away. It would slow this stuff down.

Comment

I had a club on my z71 they drug it across my yard down into street by all the marks in grass and sidewalks, then took it figure on a wrecker bed
                          My stepfather came outside found his rear slider window assembly laying in yard his truck was gone and when he finally made it his job his truck was there stripped/dumped at job figured they followed him home from near there
                          Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 08-17-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to install a hidden kill switch?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                              Is it possible to install a hidden kill switch?
                              very possible

Comment

Well, nothing back on the truck. My wife left her house keys in the console. Since the insurance card was in the truck with my address on it. I spent Saturday changing locks on all the doors so my 12 year old daughter could relax a little bit. She’s been scared at night since the truck got stolen. I’d gladly give up the truck to get 10 minutes with the punks just for scaring her!

Went to a few dealerships tonight to try and get my own comps before dealing with the insurance company. Not many 2018s on lots

Such a pain in the arse!

Comment

Working...
                                X