No announcement yet.

Thieves got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, how do thieves get a modern vehicle started? It’s not like the olden days when “hot wiring” was easy or you could go through the steering column with a screw driver.

Comment

That sucks, sorry.

Comment

That sux bro, it's happen to me I know the feeling. Now when I park my truck I don't leave my gun in it, like I did when my truck was stolen. Hope you come out good with insurance and replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Just out of curiosity, how do thieves get a modern vehicle started? It’s not like the olden days when “hot wiring” was easy or you could go through the steering column with a screw driver.
          Probably bought a kit off of Amazon.
          They can probably start a car now days easier than the screwdriver method was back in the day.

Comment

Can anyone confirm it isn't a felony? Everything I see says it is a felony to steal a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              Hope you get it back and in good condition.

Here in Houston I think its not a felony anymore to steal a vehicle, it was giving their voter base a felony records.
              Any links to the law on that one? I have a hard time believing they decriminalized unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the City of Houston.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Hope the thieves get caught or better yet get killed in it.

Comment

People don’t use Lojack anymore, supposed to alarm you and people, including the police. if moves 5’ without the fob in the truck. They’re also supposed to be able to shut your truck down.
                  Last edited by Hoytbowhunter; 08-14-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Newer chevys getting stolen a lot lately. They can get into it and start it in under 2 minutes. Swap out the ECM with one they bring with them. On Star is useless. They rip out rear view first thing and cut the wiring. Your truck is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                      That bites the big one, what city was this in?
                      Not that it matters much, just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      It was stolen in Duncanville.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Happy Birthday to your Wife.

Comment

I’ve never had a truck stolen. How does the insurance work? I bought it new in 2018 and put a ton down on it. Been working my butt off since I bought it to get it paid off. I only owe about $10k on it. I’m assuming It’ll be the depreciated value, subtract what I owe and I get the rest? Just trying to figure out how bad I’m going to be hosed on this��

Comment

Not like they do anything to them even if they are caught. Its ridiculous how soft our justice system is these days. I say just start killing these types of people when caught.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                              Can anyone confirm it isn't a felony? Everything I see says it is a felony to steal a vehicle.
                              It is a felony. Usually filed as theft 2,500>30,000 (State jail Felony).
                              If the value is higher than 30k, then it is a Third degree felony.

Unauthorized use of a vehicle is also state jail felony.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                                Not like they do anything to them even if they are caught. Its ridiculous how soft our justice system is these days. I say just start killing these types of people when caught.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                                We're becoming like family with our local police. People keep driving stolen vehicles through the fence around our business to steal our equipment. Even the officers tell you it's the same people over and over. Just keep letting them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X