• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stihl

Comment

Stihl

Comment

I have a Stihl FS 131 that I put through the ringer at the ranch and house and it’s a beast. It’s a lot of trimmer and it can run a brush blade too. It may be more trimmer than you’re looking for to just use at the house but if you’d occasionally take it to your hunting ground to clear anything it’s a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Echo. With the 2620 head.

Comment

Either.. I have rebuilt both. They are virtually identical.. Splitting hairs..

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Buying a new straight shaft weed eater today. Have a bent shaft Stihl unit now that’s not that old (4yrs) that is giving me hell. Have replaced the carb, fuel hoses, fuel filter, spark plug, and whatever else can be replace. It will run for about 10 minutes and boggs down, will start right back up and both down ever few minutes. It’s a good unit but I’m tired of forking with it. It only has issues bc I didn’t use it for two whole years bc my rental had yard services

So Stihl or Echo.
              I got a Stihl bent shaft about same age as yours..Have had about same luck as you...Dealer told me mine was made in China (certain models)...Right now its running OK but if it gives me any more I'm goin Battery..tired of jerkin off...

Comment

Kubota

No,wait......

wrong debate

bill

Comment

Get a Red Max if you really want one that will last forever

Comment

Echo.

We cant hardly keep our stilhs out of the shop it seems like anymore.

Comment

Echo 265T! Thank me later.

Comment

Echo 58 volt

Comment

I have both and haven’t had trouble with either.
                          If I was buying today, I would probably go with the echo.
                          Echo by far has the best warranty.

Comment

I’ve had the metal screen on muffler get clogged, take it off and burn the crap off it.

I’ve had both, run commercial straight shaft stihl for the last 10 years. The bent shafts are a weak link, imo, had a couple of them go out there.

Comment

Just committed to an 18” Echo CS 490 after reading this post. Was in the market for a new one and wanted to verify what I’ve heard about the new Stihl’s not being as good as they once were. Thanks [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
                                echo
                                Wow, I'm already in shock, and yes, we have this technique. How quickly time and technology go along with it. We are all developing and creating something new. I really like the resourcefulness in people and the desire to improve. I also recently learned about making a cordless trimmer

Comment

Working...
                                X