Stihl or Echo!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Spark arrester screen in the muffler might be stopped up. Take muffler off and clean the carbon out of it.
    This here. I have a sthil for 12 years and only problem was spark arrest. The curved shaft is for residential. IMO you have to go up the line before the cost to quality ratio starts to even out.

Comment

Echo,hands down.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

grab that spark screen with some channel locks and remove it!!

Comment

Echo all the way have one that is 15 years old and still fires by the 5th pull and runs like a champ.

All my two cycle equipment is echo

Comment

Echo srm 225 is great.

Mine was running bad earlier today. Wouldnt stay running. Poured out the mix went and got fresh 93 octane and mixed a new batch.

Running like a scalded ape now. I knew there wasnt anything wring with it, what a difference fresh fuel makes.

Their saws are great too. I run a echo 2511t, echo 501p, then the lone big boy husq 390 xp.
            Last edited by Lungbustr; 06-05-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Echo

Comment

I have been very happy with my Echo equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like stihl, but echos warranty isn’t nice to have. I have more issues starting my echo blower then any stihl product I own.

Comment

Echo hands down. I have owned several of both in chainsaws, weed eaters, and blowers. Stihl never want's to crank. Echo starts on the first few pulls.

Comment

Do you want to by one or two? If you want one Stihl.

Comment

I'm still working with a 20 yr old JD commercial trimmer. D^#% thing will not give up! We also have an electric that the wife likes cause it is light and because it will only run for about 1/2 hr before she HAS to take a break for it to charge back up LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Spark arrester screen in the muffler might be stopped up. Take muffler off and clean the carbon out of it.
                          I’ve done that a couple times with no positive results.

Comment

Echo, I have one that's probably 17yrs old, still cranks within three pulls, many times on the first try. I do need to get the carb adjusted, it just started giving me fits wanting to act like its going into a high idle after I run it full out for a period of time. I guess that's not too bad for it being nearly 20yrs old. I also have an Echo chainsaw, it runs like a champ as well.

Comment

My Echo srm225 is running great after 3 seasons. I use the tru fuel only.

Comment

Echo for weed trimmers and pile saws. Stihl for chainsaws.

Comment

Working...
                                X