No announcement yet.

Stihl or Echo!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad bought a Stihl fs 130 12years ago. Straight shaft with bicycle handle style grips. That sucker is mean! It works well with the cutting blade for cleaning fence rows.

Comment

husqvarna Is junk...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Either.. I have rebuilt both. They are virtually identical.. Splitting hairs..

They are about equal, I had 2 echos which lasted years but got tired of the gravel slappin my face on the last one I purchase, the guard was half the size it should be.

Stihl has larger guard so I bought and like it better, no more flying rocks.
        Only problem is I have to press tabs to release the wheel to install more line and the holes too small for my fingers, so I carry a nail punch in my pocket to open if I need to add more line. But the stihl guard is like the old echo . I vote Stihl now, to add I love the chainsaw

Comment

I have an old Echo SRM230

It’s run faithfully for nearly 20 years. Got it with a gift card from our wedding. I have had to put a couple of carburetors on it, the tiny passages get gummed up, and no amount of time in the carb dunk seems to clean them up.

I also have an old SRM2100 that I use as a brush cutter. It needs a new carb, but will fire right up once I do.

My only gripe about Stihl equipment, is that it just doesn’t run reliably in hot weather. I don’t have the time or patience for that. I’ve had a couple of their chainsaw, and I got rid of both.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wow, I'm already in shock, and yes, we have this technique. How quickly time and technology go along with it. We are all developing and creating something new. I really like the resourcefulness in people and the desire to improve. I also recently learned about making a cordless trimmer. I was shocked by this news and decided to see how effective it is. He impressed me with his style and extraordinary performance. Also found a site with 2021 battery trimmer reviews. You might be interested.

Last edited by soniabell8mg; 02-07-2021, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Echo 590 timber wolf FTW!!!
              I got a tsumara bar on mine
              Slices thru everything like butter

Comment

Echo, have had my SRM for almost 10 years now

Comment

Working...
                X