• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
    echo
    This ^^^^^^

Comment

Echo for me.
      The best model is the SRM 225 according to some research I did first. I have 2 of them, they are great trimmers as far as trimmers go. I think everyone makes a cheaper "home owner" line that tend to have issues so I would try this if interested.

Comment

Either one, as long as you run premixed fuel, or seek out true ethanol free gas to mix your fuel. I have a few echos, and ever since I started using ethanol free, I have had zero issues.

cricman

Comment

Echo commercial hasn't hiccuped in 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Try running it with the gas cap loose or off. Could be the venting is working properly.

As far as which brand. Stihl has a good advertising program but I'm not impressed with their quality any more than any other brand. And I work on most. Now with that said, I have an Echo curved shaft string trimmer that is now on it's 34th year. Yes, you read that correctly, and I have the receipt to prove it. I bought it new for $79 and have been running it for 34 years. I've only replaced gas lines, air filter element, plug and the string head (once). The carb still has the original guts in it and the thing will fire off on choke and 4 tugs on the rope. Granted today's Echo components aren't near the quality that the old ones were but 34 years has to stand for something? I met George Ballas who invented the string trimmer and he gave me some great insight. But I'd go with Echo.

Comment

I've been running all Stihl 2 cycle equipment for nearly 3 decades & no complaints. I did see where Stihl has come out with a lithium powered lineup. I've always thought electric equipment was weak & a gimmick, but the newer models seem to be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Echo.

Had Stihl. They will never, ever get another dime from me.

I think if you spend enough on a Stihl, you get a good product.

But they have totally screwed the buyers of their entry level stuff.

Comment

Echo all day every day, same goes for chainsaws.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                    Hey, your call. I'm just saying the amount of money you threw down on the initial trimmer replacing parts, could have bought you a battery powered one that will "start and run everytime". It takes about me mowing my lawns about 4 times before the trimmer battery dies.

Don't hate the game son!

You going to be jealous of my battery powered ebike too come time for Laguna!!! I got one, just like Bubbas. 25mph crusing! I'll bring my e-trimmer for making shooting lanes, but not for you.....seeing you won't be my friend anymore![emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    Man that’s pretty harsh don’t you think!!! My feelings are now hurt.

Honestly the lithium equipment ain’t bad. I was impressed with my neighbors and actually paused to look at them today at Home Depot. Price was half of what a new echo trimmer was too.

Comment

echo

Comment

echo, never fails. imo

Comment

Can’t go wrong with either IMO. I own 2 Echo trimmers, hedge trimmer, 2 chainsaws, and a back pack blower. 8 years and none have missed a beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Echo and a stihl. Echo 10X better than the stihl.

Comment

Spark arrester screen in the muffler might be stopped up. Take muffler off and clean the carbon out of it.

Comment

Bought a Stihl weedeater, junk. Echo rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X