Brisket - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Don't knock it til you've tried it. Buddy of mine smokes it and it gets eaten before a lot of better cuts.
    I have. Thus my statement. Bologna is not good in any shape, form, or fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

If the country is starting to open back up why would meat plants be or stay closed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Unions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
        Kroger in DFW has brisket on sale $1.99/lb
        My Kroger was out of all lunchmeat, bacon, sausage, etc yesterday. Brisket and such was still available. I laughed. My wife went to Sams yesterday and there was no chicken available. I got off lucky there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Love me a good panic thread...

Been awhile..

Man, your living on the wrong side of town . I gots one here in Burleytown. There is one in Cleburne and Weatherford. One in Ennis. One in Grandbury. Coriscana, Waxahachie, and 4 in Waco area too. HEB has also bought land in Mansfield to build a store there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Man, your living on the wrong side of town . I gots one here in Burleytown. There is one in Cleburne and Weatherford. One in Ennis. One in Grandbury. Coriscana, Waxahachie, and 4 in Waco area too. HEB has also bought land in Mansfield to build a store there.
            HEB has been in Waco since the early 70s at least.

Comment

Couple months from now we’ll find out this was a hoax

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                HEB has been in Waco since the early 70s at least.

I coulda been around Waco in the early '70s. Not really sure. I'm old.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Why just brisket? It’s processed the least. Hamburger processed the most.
                  Only 2 per cow/steer butchered, if processing fewer then fewer briskets I'm guessing and easier to just grind all the meat up rather than cuts. Just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

I can't argue with that. We were told one was coming in about 2 miles from here in 2017....here we are in 2020 and the land is still empty.

Comment

I can't argue with that. We were told one was coming in about 2 miles from here in 2017....here we are in 2020 and the land is still empty.

If you ever want anything from HEB, give me a holler. And I'll make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                        All this while the feedlots are busting at the seams with cattle to be slaughtered and the price of packers in the tanks.

All the midwest hog guys are busting out too needing to slaughter. Raw commodity is available just a lack of processors.

I imaging with everything going on more specialty cuts are going in the grind pile
                        This. With the high demand for ground beef, lots of chuck , round and even brisket being ground. Strange thing is,some of the prime cuts are cheaper than I have seen in a while.

I actually bought a whole boneless ribeye and a whole beef tenderloin (both Prime) for what roughly what I saw chuck and round steak selling for in a small local grocery.

While the big packers are very powerful, I believe the big grocery chains either have contracts for X number of pounds of ground beef at a given price or they at least have a lot of influence.

Comment

There is a strong food movement to know where your food comes from. Let folks be able to buy their meat from local growers processed by local butchers. Seems simple and makes sense doesn't it?

Comment

Meh I'm good, most likely will kill another axis this weekend

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by slicktree; 05-05-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                              Meh I'm good, most likely will kill another axis this weekend

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m jealous!

Comment

Done did !

If all else fails we can smoke baloney!

I make 50#s of smoked venison bologna every year.

Caught Briskets @ Albertsons today for $1.69 #.

Comment

Working...
                                X