Brisket - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
    I actually smoked a bologna chub on Sunday after watching a Meat Church YouTube video. I thought it sounded pretty interesting and would make for good lunch sandwiches. Boy was I wrong. It all ended up in the garbage. I didn't realize at the time but that was probably my first, and last, time to ever consume bologna. [emoji1785]
    You’re supposed to take the wrapper off

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      If you know how to process your own meat, now is a great time to purchase a cow or pig straight from the rancher. Cut out the middle man. There’s not a shortage of animals, just a shortage of packing plants in business right now.
      That will work for a pig, but pretty much everyone I have talked to says pasture beef is terrible. I have thought about that myself, but by the time I fed it out this would ( should ) be over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
        Meat is not about to be scarce unless there is panic buying much like toilet paper.

Yes it is tight as food service comes back into the supply chain and while plants are cleaning, but that is a very short term issue.

If the HEB guy said it will be months....he's an idiot.

Please do not contribute to the panic, news media is enough.
        As soon as they start restricting, panic buying will commence and plants aren’t open to continue the supply chain. I read 22 meat packing plants are currently closed.

Wendy’s isn’t selling hamburgers in some locations for crying out loud

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          How can anyone not like bologna? The lunch meat kind is good.

If the country is starting to open back up why would meat plants be or stay closed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Theory is that plants are shutting down/low production because of the virus. Sounds like reality is that people dont want to go back to work when plants reopened because they make more on unemployment....

Comment

Why just brisket? It’s processed the least. Hamburger processed the most.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Was wondering the same thing, but ground is way more popular/versatile. Probably grinding the briskets.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                Meat is not about to be scarce unless there is panic buying much like toilet paper.

Yes it is tight as food service comes back into the supply chain and while plants are cleaning, but that is a very short term issue.

If the HEB guy said it will be months....he's an idiot.

Please do not contribute to the panic, news media is enough.
                As soon as they start restricting, panic buying will commence and plants aren’t open to continue the supply chain. I read 22 meat packing plants are currently closed.

Wendy’s isn’t selling hamburgers in some locations for crying out loud

Comment

Just bought a brisket at Kroger for $1.99. Choice, by the way. Didn’t really need one, but it was a nice one. Couldn’t resist

Comment

All this while the feedlots are busting at the seams with cattle to be slaughtered and the price of packers in the tanks.

All the midwest hog guys are busting out too needing to slaughter. Raw commodity is available just a lack of processors.

I imaging with everything going on more specialty cuts are going in the grind pile

Comment

Such a waste.

Comment

Brisket is trash meat anyway!

Comment

If you can deliver a fed out pig to my backyard pm me (I don’t think my HOA would be okay with a cow). NW Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Strong pass. That's where I draw the line on my white trash card.
                            Don't knock it til you've tried it. Buddy of mine smokes it and it gets eaten before a lot of better cuts.

Comment

Kroger in DFW has brisket on sale $1.99/lb

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Was wondering the same thing, but ground is way more popular/versatile. Probably grinding the briskets.
                                This is what he was saying. All briskets will be ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X