Can't do this on a pellet grill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    I was just wondering how you got flames in a pellet grill....I thought you worked for B&B.....I was gonna flame ya!
    Hahaha I figured that Don't work there though, family owns it .

The way the Pit Boss is set up, I can slide over the flame/heat shield and cook over the flame from the pellets. My FIL's yoder doesn't have a way to expose the flame though.

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    Is pellet manlier than propane?
    Uhhmmm... YEA of course Not all the way manly but a lot further away from man buns than propane cooking lady boys

Comment

That's why I fabricated a grilling rack in the firebox of my offset smoker. Build a hot hot fire underneath and sear to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Uhhmmm... YEA of course Not all the way manly but a lot further away from man buns than propane cooking lady boys
        Propane and pellet are the Kerry/Edwards of outdoor cooking.

When my propane grill fell apart I wanted a pellet. The more I looked at them the more it felt like an oven you park outside.

Comment

Poor old people that live in the dark just don't know what a Pit Boss with the open cover can do.

They just languish in their ignorance and go about life without knowledge.

It'll cook them steaks as well as any charcoal grill will, so get over it.

Comment

I wouldn’t have the burnt pieces on my steak lol ��

Comment

I have a green Egg and a Memphis. Top end on the Memphis is 700 which is what I used to get my egg to for searing. I know some of those cheaper pellets can't do that but a Memphis can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Can't overcook a steak on a pellet grill?

Dang, good to know! lol
                Ha! I could prolly figure out how to mess one up on a candle! I was meaning temp control on long cooks and getting it too hot cuz I wasn't babysitting it good enough...easier to cut mesquite for my buddy and let him cook em on the nice set up! Since they came out with these EZ-Bake's I'm a friggin' chef now!lol Steak gets cooked on the lump (B&B!) and wood but sure nice to turn a knob and get a wood fire with a lil smoke to put the quick grill on some chops or yardbird breasts.

Comment

Dang, I wish this Green Mountain Grill could produce some smoke..... [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol still mad after a month smh sad AF^^

Comment

I take my BGE to 1,000+ to sear.

Get that fire going wide open, use the leaf blower(electric, it doesn't take much) at the air inlet to get it torch jetting, toss on a ribeye for about 120 seconds per side and call it good.

Comment

I have every grill a man can own, my Yoder gets most of the action

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          Did Walmart have a sale on 1/4 inch sirloin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          This is a funny post. Dickish, but funny

Comment

Working...
                          X