No announcement yet.

Do you give to beggars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dont throw cigarette butts at them...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      I did have a lady ask me for gas one time at a station. She said her boyfriend beat her and she was trying to get away from him. She had bruises on her arms and a car full of clothes. She was asking if I could put $5 of gas in her car and that would get her to a relatives house. For some reason I truly felt for this woman. When I put my card in the pump and pumped her small car full of gas and she noticed she started crying and thanking me. I dont mean just whimpering crying, I mean their where people 3 pumps over looking over. I told her she was welcome and she hugged me and thanked me again before we parted.
      Sorry...you got got. I used to see the same guys/girls over and over at Forest/75 sitting in the Taco Bueno parking lot scarfing down some tacos. I got to where I would roll down the window and recite their last story to them. They don't think that is funny, btw.

Anyone who thinks they are buying a Whataburger with your $5 your guilt makes you give, think again. They are buying the cheapest wine, most potent malt liquor or illegal drugs. Its sad but I refuse to help.

I will give to charities like The Austin Street Shelter in Dallas that does what they can to help people.

Comment

When I first moved to Texas I was in San Antonio stopped at a red light guy comes up to the window with a sign hungry need food. I reached into my lunchbox handed him an apple. He threw it down and said what the F am I supposed to do with this. First and last time for me.

Comment

Never been homeless. Been fortunate enough to not have to worry too much to make ends meet. Giving in the past just to realize it was a con. Made me feel like an idiot. So fairly hardened. I figure we give a lot to charities and that is the best source. Generally, I have a standard answer of "no thank you". Even for those that drive up at gas stations -- some of those have peeled away and I'm confident at that point that they really weren't trying to make a job interview being almost out of gas.

There was one time that I was approached and gave the standard answer. Drove home and couldn't stop thinking about how the kid said his mother had told him not to ask. Drove back to find them, but couldn't. I think that might have been a time that I wasn't listening. So, I won't say never. But "no" is my standard answer.

Comment

I’m human. Those ya not godly I judge people. But I’ve been ready to say no many of times. Bam God puts it in my heart to give. I have an aunt that pan handles. See has a home. Was busted for taking her kids with her to stand on the corner. I let God tell me when it’s right. I also give my lunch and drinks all the time. I think it’s better than money. I’ve watched throw the food away. I’ve also seen them eat it. Homeless is said.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
              I won't give money. I have put gasoline in vehicles and have bought food. The story is normally that they don't have enough money for gas and they are trying to get to "some place". I normally offer to fill their car up. Most decline. Got hit up outside the Taco Casa a few months ago by a woman needing money just to get here kids something to eat. They were all in the car. Told her to go in and order and I would pay....told me they didn't eat Mexican food....

Best one I have heard was the lady that hit me up in Wal-Mart needing money for formula and diapers. Told her to follow me and we'll go get the stuff you need....again she declined.

One of my better feel good moments was also in Wal-Mart. I was checking out and there was a very young black girl with an infant checking out in front of me with nothing but baby supplies, milk, eggs, and meat. I over heard the cashier tell her that her WIC card was declined for that amount. She left diapers, the milk and something else. She got her bags and walked out. I quickly paid for all the stuff and chased her down in the parking lot and gave them to her. She was getting in piece of crap car and I think I scared he crap out of her. Got some tears and hug in return.
              Cool !

Comment

Water in the summer.

Comment

I've paid for meals and groceries but never cash anymore got burned twice on giving cash.
                  All homeless started smoking marijuana at an early age.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                    They’re Gypsies. Probably Romanian. Don’t give them a dime.
                    There are crap loads of Romanian Gypsies all over Texas!!!!!

NOT

Comment

No,but have bought some a mealeat if they come in a place trying to get enough change up to buy food.

Comment

I've seen to many beg till they had enough to buy crack so. No,nope and ain't gonna

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          I've paid for meals and groceries but never cash anymore got burned twice on giving cash.
                          All homeless started smoking marijuana at an early age.
                          Come on.....there's as much correlation between the devils lettuce and homelessness as there is cheeseburgers and millionaires.

Comment

I remember at the Knifemakers' Guild show in Louisville Ky. We were walking out of the hotel Al Capone frequented nice place. A guy asked for money and all of us gave him a hard time except Brad the owner of Alabama Damascus - he pulled out a 20 and gave it to him. Everybody gave Brad a hard time and he said the good book says give if asked. Said if the guy is pulling something he'll have to answer for it but if he needs it or if this is a test he felt he would have to answer for that. It got purdy quiet after that.

Comment

Nope I do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never. A friend works with the homeless population, and I hear all the stories. Just know you are subsidizing the local package store or drug dealer, not a good establishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X