No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping this weather misses most of the Texas coast. Have our 7 day trip coming up next week!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Hoping this weather misses most of the Texas coast. Have our 7 day trip coming up next week!
      This is what Johnny said about it in the campfire discussion, he knows his business.
      I'm expecting Invest 91L currently I'm the GOM to be a Tropical Storm land falling on the middle Texas coast Friday late afternoon. Main threat will be flooding rains which is hard to pin point who gets exactly what right now. Definitely gusty winds along the entire Texas coastline and seas will start to rock.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        This is what Johnny said about it in the campfire discussion, he knows his business.
        Great. We are leaving Monday and will be down there through the next Tuesday. Hopefully the bay isnt trashed to bad or it swings north or a little south!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Great. We are leaving Monday and will be down there through the next Tuesday. Hopefully the bay isnt trashed to bad or it swings north or a little south!
          Even if it drops a lot of rain, the back lakes are salty and full of bait. We are nailing reds way back in the lakes. If you can’t get skinny, fish the drains leading from the lakes or the flats nearby. The run off could induce a good bite by freshening the back lakes.

Comment

We’re are supposed to leave Friday and fish Saturday/Sunday in Lake Charles with the Grosse Savanne Lodge. Looking like that is going to be a wash out. Highly disappointed.

Comment

Oh man Philip that's too bad!! have you officially cancelled? Even if the bay is too rough or blown out, they have thousands of acres of private marsh to chase reds in... might still get a trip in. Worth a shot to ask them about that. I know you are not a redfish fan, but they sure are fun to chase in the marsh! Besides, Tiffany needs the break and the accommodations there are 5 star! Food, open bar, the works!

Comment

anyone lookin for a ozark trail boatright?

Comment

Ozark Trail?

Saw that one about a month ago, great price. Asked him a question about his prop and he mentioned somebody was on the way to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Oh man Philip that's too bad!! have you officially cancelled? Even if the bay is too rough or blown out, they have thousands of acres of private marsh to chase reds in... might still get a trip in. Worth a shot to ask them about that. I know you are not a redfish fan, but they sure are fun to chase in the marsh! Besides, Tiffany needs the break and the accommodations there are 5 star! Food, open bar, the works!
                    Yeah, they told us they won’t making any decisions until Friday morning. I’ll fish in the rain if I can. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Ozark Trail?

Saw that one about a month ago, great price. Asked him a question about his prop and he mentioned somebody was on the way to pick it up.
                      Knock off custom boat like Ozark Trail is a knock off cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Knock off custom boat like Ozark Trail is a knock off cooler.
                        ed zachary

Comment

double post
                          Last edited by justletmein; 07-22-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                            I can confirm that JES's boat is a great place to take a nap in the middle of Baffin.
                            Wow, forgot about that! Not sure how you were able to sleep with sound of topwaters getting crushed in the background! Is the the trip where we took the pic that was put in TSF Magazine?

Comment

I think so! Forgot about that too!

Comment

I couldn't find those photos in my files but found that edition of the magazine online.

The September 2008 issue of Texas Saltwater Fishing Magazine.

Comment

Working...
                                X