No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Cowtrap has been a little tough lately. Cedar Lakes has been much better.

Comment

Man I hope this weather falls apart by Friday. Quarantine is over and I’m itching to fish. Winds don’t look terrible but high chances of rain storms...

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        Man I hope this weather falls apart by Friday. Quarantine is over and I’m itching to fish. Winds don’t look terrible but high chances of rain storms...
        Supposedly our weather is going down hill starting Friday with this tropical system... ugh. .

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Supposedly our weather is going down hill starting Friday with this tropical system... ugh. .
          Yeah that’s what it looks like... sucks!

Comment

I have to make a quick run to the deer lease this weekend, but will be spending 5 days at my brothers place in Chinquapin the following weekend.

I’ll take the wife and kids fishing a couple morning but they aren’t as mad at them like I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Oyster Lake is fine, never been in Cow Trap but I’m down at the Bernard every weekend just about so figured I might as well learn it. I’ll have to get ol’ Kevin Nicholls to show me around. Mainly I just want a little scooter type boat. Lol
              Cow Trap isn't that bad... just ease around real slow. No way in the world I would take a glass boat in Cedars, too skinny and shell everywhere. That's Kayak country in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Cow Trap isn't that bad... just ease around real slow. No way in the world I would take a glass boat in Cedars, too skinny and shell everywhere. That's Kayak country in my opinion.
                Come on.....lol
                My buddies crab the cedars in a Carolina Skiff, (6) lower units in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                  Come on.....lol
                  Exactly my point

Me and a buddy of mine had the bright idea to go in there about 10 years ago in his Boatright.... still surprised we made it out and the tide was not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    Come on.....lol
                    That’s 5 more than I’ve ever ruined. In my lifetime. Lol

Comment

salt

i have fished 3 times since stroke i have not waded yet i sure i miss it this fall i will hit baffin if anyone cares to join me make a 3 day trip i have shallowsport know baffin very well for wintertime fishing i suspect i can find fish in the fall
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                        i have fished 3 times since stroke i have not waded yet i sure i miss it this fall i will hit baffin if anyone cares to join me make a 3 day trip i have shallowsport know baffin very well for wintertime fishing i suspect i can find fish in the fall
                        If the dates work for me I can join in, same as you have a SS Classic and know Baffin pretty well. Would be a good trip I bet.

If we could go during the week it would be even better...

Wait, you bought my poling platform from my boat, I remember now.
                        Last edited by JES; 07-21-2020, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. This evening turned out pretty decent.

We ended up with a few. 7 trout and 4 reds between 2 of us.. lost a big trout at the bank and threw back around 5.

I caught now my personal best red at 26". Not too bad as of 72 hours ago, I had never even caught one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            Well, I guess I spoke too soon. This evening turned out pretty decent.

We ended up with a few. 7 trout and 4 reds between 2 of us.. lost a big trout at the bank and threw back around 5.

I caught now my personal best red at 26". Not too bad as of 72 hours ago, I had never even caught one.

Nice work!

We need to teach how to string your fish to keep them alive. Run you stringer spike through both top and bottom lips, it keeps their mouth shut and allows them to use their gills. I push my string in from the top lip.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              Nice work!

We need to teach how to string your fish to keep them alive. Run you stringer spike through both top and bottom lips, it keeps their mouth shut and allows them to use their gills. I push my string in from the top lip.
                              I do the same. We had taken em off, only to put them back on for a picture.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                I’m watching it too. We’re booked Friday and Saturday at the Grosse Savanne Lodge in Lake Charles.

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                                I've had a guided trip booked for 4 months for this Saturday for a good buddy's birthday. Supposed to be wading in Galveston Bay with Nathan Gray and it aint lookin real good.
                                Just how it goes down I guess. We had an offshore trip planned at the end of June that was also canceled day before.

Weather looks like it’s pushed back until Friday and Saturday now. Maybe there’s a chance it will clear up and hold off until Sunday but I’m not too optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X