No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a trip booked to take my boys out (8 & 10) on Friday with Coastal Ducks. Crossing fingers on weather.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post

I caught now my personal best red at 26". Not too bad as of 72 hours ago, I had never even caught one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Did you take a picture of the 26" red ?

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
        Did you take a picture of the 26" red ?
        I was surprised too, but that top pic is 26".. I knew I shoulda taken a picture of the tape.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
          i have fished 3 times since stroke i have not waded yet i sure i miss it this fall i will hit baffin if anyone cares to join me make a 3 day trip i have shallowsport know baffin very well for wintertime fishing i suspect i can find fish in the fall
          Originally posted by JES View Post
          If the dates work for me I can join in, same as you have a SS Classic and know Baffin pretty well. Would be a good trip I bet.

If we could go during the week it would be even better...

Wait, you bought my poling platform from my boat, I remember now.
          I don't normally jump in with strangers but I'm always up for a Baffin trip. I guess I fish so much around my neck of the woods I get kind of relaxed and not much drive, but the few times I've been down to Baffin I fish hard and it feels like more of an adventure.

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. This evening turned out pretty decent.

We ended up with a few. 7 trout and 4 reds between 2 of us.. lost a big trout at the bank and threw back around 5.

I caught now my personal best red at 26". Not too bad as of 72 hours ago, I had never even caught one. [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/79a67858f21eb337cc52c05a188c01d0.jpg[IMG][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/86104daeebc2024eb3040dbda65f0489.jpg[IMG]
          Nice work bud, way to keep at it!

Comment

Will be in port a next Monday through Thursday. Have a guided trip on Wednesday. Is this thing supposed to push through by then? Weather still shows 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms all those days

Comment

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. This evening turned out pretty decent.

We ended up with a few. 7 trout and 4 reds between 2 of us.. lost a big trout at the bank and threw back around 5.

I caught now my personal best red at 26". Not too bad as of 72 hours ago, I had never even caught one.

Nice! Where did you end up getting them at? I’m sorry I couldn’t get y’all out. Between work and this weather I just couldn’t make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Nice! Where did you end up getting them at? I’m sorry I couldn’t get y’all out. Between work and this weather I just couldn’t make it happen.
                Absolutely no worries! We'll definitely be back!

Talked to a few of the locals and most came off the beaten path at cemetery rd.

Comment

Hully, you did well for a dang "inland" boy!!
                  Congratulations sir! That salt will sure get in your blood!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                    If the dates work for me I can join in, same as you have a SS Classic and know Baffin pretty well. Would be a good trip I bet.

If we could go during the week it would be even better...

Wait, you bought my poling platform from my boat, I remember now.
                    I can confirm that JES's boat is a great place to take a nap in the middle of Baffin.

Comment

I was surprised too, but that top pic is 26".. I knew I shoulda taken a picture of the tape.. haha

Just messing with ya. I expected I'm 6'10" 450 lbs answer LOL Nice fish !!

Comment

Absolutely no worries! We'll definitely be back!

Talked to a few of the locals and most came off the beaten path at cemetery rd.

Cemetary Road strikes again! Nicely done!

Comment

Caught a three man limit of specks and a couple small sharks out of the surf then went out to the first rig to try and find some snapper and ended up screwing around with kings off light tackle in POC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                            Yep. Fishing Sunday through Wednesday.
                            My boy and I have been forced to fish incoming tides. Grinding out a couple of limits of reds each day. One more day.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Got the whole crew out yesterday evening.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the sideways photos. Just recognized it uploaded funny. Aggie dad ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X