No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's my kind of a pile of fish right there, outstanding.

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
    Nice catch Glenn......I’ve never seen so many croaker fishermen in my life as today! Had to be careful, some wading in places with only the heads sticking out of the water. In one spot there was 4 boats parked with a pile of guys lined up. Lol
    There's two boats out in front of camp right now, parked next to my beached pontoon. Waded so far out only got heads and arms sticking out. Boats run this shoreline all the time sure hope they don't end up getting a haircut.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      We had a really good bite this morning. We had 4 limits of specks by 9:30 and a pile of big gulf trout to boot. We had probably 15 gulf trout from 15-18". Big, big rascals. Quite a few in the 14" range too.

Very nice bubba... !!

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        Nice catch Glenn......I’ve never seen so many croaker fishermen in my life as today! Had to be careful, some wading in places with only the heads sticking out of the water. In one spot there was 4 boats parked with a pile of guys lined up. Lol
        Almost killed one myself a couple of years ago. His boat was 50 yards from the bank and he was probably 600 yards out. Saw his boat and swung way out away from the boat into the bay to give em space. ... unknowingly almost ran him over. Shoulders deep wearing brown... man it scared me.... my eyes aren't that great anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Almost killed one myself a couple of years ago. His boat was 50 yards from the bank and he was probably 600 yards out. Saw his boat and swung way out away from the boat into the bay to give em space. ... unknowingly almost ran him over. Shoulders deep wearing brown... man it scared me.... my eyes aren't that great anyway.
          That’s the norm on my end. They park their boats up shallow so they can climb in/out then they wade out as far as they can. All you see is heads and yellow flo-troll buckets everywhere. I just park next to them now and go the other direction.

Comment

I’m thinking about opening up a croaker farm.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

It'd never work for you! You'd be using up all your inventory and never have anything to sell!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                I talked to a guy that ran a pretty popular marina/restaurant for awhile. He said croaker is where they made their real money.

Comment

3 tagged reds have been turned in. One by an 8 yr old girl

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    3 tagged reds have been turned in. One by an 8 yr old girl
                    If the number of boats I'm seeing out my window right now are any indication the other 57 will be caught before the weekend is over.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      If the number of boats I'm seeing out my window right now are any indication the other 57 will be caught before the weekend is over.
                      Hahaha I bet it will be hella busy with this great weather going on.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                        Hahaha I bet it will be hella busy with this great weather going on.
                        If they'd watch the news they'd see a tropical storm bearing down on us! **** media scare tactics aren't working anymore.

Comment

We worked on our night moves last night. 4 man limit of trout and reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else noticed a lack of mullet in the surf? I haven’t seen a single one in 2 days of being down here in Surfside. The rods have stayed put up, guess I’ll go buy some in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                              We worked on our night moves last night. 4 man limit of trout and reds

Slaughter house! Nice!

Comment

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by canny View Post
                                Anyone else noticed a lack of mullet in the surf? I haven’t seen a single one in 2 days of being down here in Surfside. The rods have stayed put up, guess I’ll go buy some in the morning.

Same thing happened to me last weekend. I believe they are there. I did not see any jumping but when the sun came out very bright the second gut was full. In one cast net throw we had 14 perfect size. When it was cloudy there seemed to be nothing. I had my best luck in the 3 rd gut with the big rods. This was surfside.

Comment

Working...
                                X