Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basschump View Post

Or fish from a 14’ footer where the fish are....[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like that rig basschump? They have me interested/

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      HaHa! Great haul and sweet rig but you didn't leave from Key Allegro jetties and go to Allyn's Bight in that rig with a 23mph se wind

I do try to fish where the fish are and will do so even more again when I buy my next skiff but it will live on a trailer in my garage waiting to go to those ramps with protected water, not going across aransas bay. You know what I mean

You sir are correct- I wouldn’t make it far trying to cross Aransas Bay in any wind.[emoji3]

Thankful the middle coast has so much accessible protected water for guys like me.

Comment

HaHa! Great haul and sweet rig but you didn't leave from Key Allegro jetties and go to Allyn's Bight in that rig with a 23mph se wind

I do try to fish where the fish are and will do so even more again when I buy my next skiff but it will live on a trailer in my garage waiting to go to those ramps with protected water, not going across aransas bay. You know what I mean

You sir are correct- I wouldn’t make it far trying to cross Aransas Bay in any wind.[emoji3]

Thankful the middle coast has so much accessible protected water for guys like me.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post

That's a really nice rig, I saw one in little bay a few weeks ago but it only had a stern mounted trolling motor, the gas motor should really extend your range. You ever fish St. Charles? Seems like it would be perfect for the water back there.

Comment

Crazy to hear about the robberies. Unfortunately that’s to good of an ending for those low lifes. I’m headed down to Sargent next weekend to hit the surf! Bringing the kayak and big gear in hopes of putting some sharks and bull reds on the sand! Will have our trout gear incase conditions are good too! First time hitting the salt this year and we’re pumped! Any reports from Sargent/Matagorda surf?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Congrats Glenn! You Da Man!
              Thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Actually hearing it was JJ’s in Wadsworth and Stanley’s. My sources are old.

Don't believe your sources. Rumors have run wild. I heard within 2 hours of the shootin g that they had robbed every store in Matagorda, Wadsworth and the Stripes in Bay City and were holding hostages inside the stripes. Way too many folks putting out bad information. Let it all settle out and the truth will come out.

I actually know the shooter. I am sad that he chose this path.

Comment

Originally posted by pig out View Post
                  Crazy to hear about the robberies. Unfortunately that’s to good of an ending for those low lifes. I’m headed down to Sargent next weekend to hit the surf! Bringing the kayak and big gear in hopes of putting some sharks and bull reds on the sand! Will have our trout gear incase conditions are good too! First time hitting the salt this year and we’re pumped! Any reports from Sargent/Matagorda surf?
                  Yeah the surf in Sargent is nasty. Lol. Brazos is running muddy and so is the surf. Hopefully it will calm down for you. Been a crappy year for the surf so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                    Don't believe your sources. Rumors have run wild. I heard within 2 hours of the shootin g that they had robbed every store in Matagorda, Wadsworth and the Stripes in Bay City and were holding hostages inside the stripes. Way too many folks putting out bad information. Let it all settle out and the truth will come out.

I actually know the shooter. I am sad that he chose this path.
                    Guy working at Guffy’s this morning told me it was his daughters baby daddy. Said he shot a man over $21.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Guy working at Guffy’s this morning told me it was his daughters baby daddy. Said he shot a man over $21.
                      There may be more to the story. It's always hard to say what sparks people to do the things they do.

I knew the shooter when he was in school. No angel but not a really bad kid either. I hate that he went that route. I would love to say I am surprised but the things people do just don't surprise me much anymore. I would not have picked him out as someone who would do something like this.

Comment

Put some water back in the bay Glenn!!!!

Comment

That's a really nice rig, I saw one in little bay a few weeks ago but it only had a stern mounted trolling motor, the gas motor should really extend your range. You ever fish St. Charles? Seems like it would be perfect for the water back there.
                          My fishing has been focused on the causeway between Aransas Pass and Port A. I haven't make it north of Rockport yet. It would do great in St Charles if you could navigate the reefs.

The gas power is awesome and lets me fish on windy days.

Comment

Originally posted by pig out View Post
                            Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              Put some water back in the bay Glenn!!!!
                              No joke. It's getting bad.

Which one of y'all stole our water?

Comment

What’s it going to be like this week ? Trying to decide if we are going to Matty for a couple days or heading to the hills to sit in a river.

Comment

Working...
                                X