Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Jason Garrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just put in charge of keeping jerrys boat and jet clean....

Comment

Dunno about the Assistant GM unless Stephen moves up to the big chair....but I could see him bowing out to chairman emeritus or something similar..... essentially "owner"

Then a total restructuring of the hierarchy..

President and GM - Stephen
      Vice Pres - Lil Jerry
      Assistant GM - Garrett BIGger salary and equity
      Assistant GM - McClay BIGger salary and equity
      Charlotte VP???

JJ has decided the time is now to turn over the reigns to a structure he's comfortable with....enjoy the years he's got left without the day to day bs....

Nothing else makes sense.....to me anyway.

But I'm probably wrong....
      Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-02-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
        Dunno about the Assistant GM unless Stephen moves up to the big chair....but I could see him bowing out to chairman emeritus or something similar..... essentially "owner"

Then a total restructuring of the hierarchy..

President and GM - Stephen
        Vice Pres - Lil Jerry
        Assistant GM - Garrett BIGger salary and equity
        Assistant GM - McClay BIGger salary and equity
        Charlotte VP???

JJ has decided the time is now to turn over the reigns to a structure he's comfortable with....enjoy the years he's got left without the day to day bs....

Nothing else makes sense.....to me anyway.

But I'm probably wrong....
        Are you from out of town?

Jerry will give up control after he takes his last breath and not before. He's pretty much said that since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
          Are you from out of town?

Jerry will give up control after he takes his last breath and not before. He's pretty much said that since day 1.
          Lol.....a man can dream can't he???

I will say this.....

Jerry has said one thing and done another many times before....."changed his mind"

EVERYbody that I've ever known has changed a bit when the tank starts running toward empty.....

He's created a structure within his organization comprised of his children....heirs to the whole deal....and from the outside looking in he's done a great job with all of them. They're well equipped to take the ball....

Lastly, as hard as he's pushed it his whole life even he SHOULD realize there's a time to slow down....some. His body and brain have to be wearing down.

With all of that said, maybe he had decided now's the time......

I doubt it.....

Hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by shockvalue View Post
            are you from out of town? :d

jerry will give up control after he takes his last breath and not before. He's pretty much said that since day 1.
            agree 100%

Comment

There could be A LOT worse ideas than Garrett assisting Will McClay with talent evaluation...I wouldn't hate that at all. Jerry will be the GM until he is incapable of getting out of bed, then Stephen will be GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                There could be A LOT worse ideas than Garrett assisting Will McClay with talent evaluation...I wouldn't hate that at all. Jerry will be the GM until he is incapable of getting out of bed, then Stephen will be GM.
                I think those two, along with Stephen to some degree, have been doing exactly that for the last few year's....drafts did a 180 about 5 or 6 years ago

Comment

I think i'm correct that Charlotte is already VP is something or another.

I'm working up a treatise of my thoughts on the Cowboys. Not that anyone would care. I doubt i'll ever work up enough "want to" to spend that amount of time on the keyboard.

Oh well...

Comment

I think those two, along with Stephen to some degree, have been doing exactly that for the last few year's....drafts did a 180 about 5 or 6 years ago
                    The draft kind of did a 180 back again the last couple of years. Examine the drafts from the last two years in specific. Not much contribution.

Comment

I believe Charlotte is a VP and Director of Marketting, very sharp lady....and **** sparkly at that.

Comment

Upon failing to receive a contract extension from the team after the 2018 campaign, Jason Garrett requested and failed to receive play-calling duties with the Dallas Cowboys , ESPN's Ed Werder reported on NFL Live Thursday...

Hehehe.....via Werder....he's always seemed the most reliable of the unreliable when it comes to this organization....

IF true it's classic JJ and but one example, of many, as to the reasons they are where they are and it is what it is.....

Which means Garrett, as mentioned in this thread and the cowboy
                        thread by many on here, really was the head coach in name only. That certainly wouldn't surprise me a bit.

What a cluster....

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-02-2020, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          The draft kind of did a 180 back again the last couple of years. Examine the drafts from the last two years in specific. Not much contribution.
                          That's certainly true to an extent.....just not as bad as pre-McClay

Comment

That's certainly true to an extent.....just not as bad as pre-McClay
                            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                              I think i'm correct that Charlotte is already VP is something or another.

I'm working up a treatise of my thoughts on the Cowboys. Not that anyone would care. I doubt i'll ever work up enough "want to" to spend that amount of time on the keyboard.

Oh well...
                              Get after it....👍

Nobody gives a sh#t about my "vents," but go for it.....there is a bit of relief as a result.... sort of like drinking up half the stock at The Dixie Chicken and puking in the parking lot....😉

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                                JJ is going to sit tight and let JG hang around until the rest of those vacant coaching positions are filled in the NFL. He's putting on a show with these "interviews" buying time while the other teams are hiring coaches, because he doesn't want JG to land a job with another team this year. He'll just take his time and let that contract expire. For some reason he values the man as a head coach way more then his worth in my opinion.
                                This makes sense..I'm about 50/50 on this.Part of me thinks Garrett isn't going anywhere.The other part of me thinks Jones is waiting til the 14th,hoping that the Giants head coaching job gets filled.Jerry doesn't wanna see Garrett coaching in the NFC East.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X