Taking a break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Hopkins county locker plant in Sulphur Springs. They have probably processed 40 deer for me and I’ve never had a complaint. And ground deer is 99% of what I eat. Won’t say it’s as perfect as if inspecting every sq cm but they are the best if used and more than fair on price. They do 100% of our beef we sale on the rail. And we trust them enough that we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction

Kurt and Connie are good people that do quality work and only have quality experienced employees.

All meat vacuum sealed except ground it’s in hamburger packages of your choice in weight. Will tenderize any cuts you want, Slice jerky, several varieties of sausages

Their jap and cheese sausage is the best I’ve had and that’s comparing to all the big names that you hear about in the Dfw and surroundings area
    I second this I've been using them for over 25 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Hopkins county locker plant in Sulphur Springs. They have probably processed 40 deer for me and I’ve never had a complaint. And ground deer is 99% of what I eat. Won’t say it’s as perfect as if inspecting every sq cm but they are the best if used and more than fair on price. They do 100% of our beef we sale on the rail. And we trust them enough that we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction

Kurt and Connie are good people that do quality work and only have quality experienced employees.

All meat vacuum sealed except ground it’s in hamburger packages of your choice in weight. Will tenderize any cuts you want, Slice jerky, several varieties of sausages

Their jap and cheese sausage is the best I’ve had and that’s comparing to all the big names that you hear about in the Dfw and surroundings area

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
        Burnadell, I'm just like you...I've been to too many processors only to see people bringing deer that looked like they had been hanging in the 80degree texas sun for days. About 15 years ago my dad and I bought a 3/4hp grinder and then the next year we got a stuffer and mixer. I have a love hate relationship for processing deer. I hate how bad my back aches during and after the processing, but I love knowing the kind of meat I'm getting. I've made bratwurst, german sausage, burgers with bacon ends and pieces, pan sausage etc..this year I made jalapeno/cheese sausage and jalapeno/cheese summer sausage and it was definitely worth it. The Mesquite Country Sausage Recipe thread in the Recipe section is legit!
        I do need to learn to make sausage. That looks outstanding!

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
        Blessed enough to arrow a decent 7 point this morning. Snapped a few photos then I de-boned it in the field. Brought the meat to my garage where I cut it into roasts and fajita sized chunks, I would bring a pan in to my wife and she would wrap and label them. Took maybe an hour doing it together. We had family coming for a few days so we made a lot of roasts to cut up later as we need them for various meals to speed up the process.

FYI, it is not legal to process your deer until you get it to it's final destination. Ask Legdog and Michael about that!

I wish Hopkins was closer. I would sure give them a try!

Comment

Working...
        X