No announcement yet.

Taking a break...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did 9 last week in a day between myself, my dad, and a buddy. Made roasts out of the hams. Does turn into a lot of work but it's done the way I want it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

All you fellas are gonna have carpel tunnel from typing all day Now get to cuttin' up that deer

Comment

I skinned and quartered one on the tailgate last night, and then cut it. Spent less than two hours and didn’t get in a hurry.

It’s really not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          Right now you're letting your meat beat you. You're supposed to beat your ..
          Yep the tides have turned...

Comment

I can’t seem to find the time...so I spend a lot of money on processing. When I retire I plan on doing it myself and building a smokehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              I skinned and quartered one on the tailgate last night, and then cut it. Spent less than two hours and didn’t get in a hurry.

It’s really not that hard.
              If you weren't out in the middle of nowhere, I would let you do mine and pay you handsomely if you would assure me I would get my deer back AND you would not have any gristle, fat or sinew in my ground meat!

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
              Yep the tides have turned...
              That will happen to you young bucks before long!

Comment

My processor will “steak & grind” for around $60 and is fantastic on all accounts of packaging and quality

I wouldn’t clean my &$&% kitchen up for $60 after that mess. Lol

Comment

A piece of plastic, comfortable chair and the dining room table. No bending over, everything at just the right height working on a cutting board. That's for those like me who can't bend over for any extended time. Sure makes the job easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    My processor will “steak & grind” for around $60 and is fantastic on all accounts of packaging and quality

I wouldn’t clean my &$&% kitchen up for $60 after that mess. Lol
                    How clean is the grind, and are you sure you are getting your deer? Who is the processor?

I guarantee, my venison is the cleanest and leanest anywhere!

Originally posted by MLAH View Post
                    A piece of plastic, comfortable chair and the dining room table. No bending over, everything at just the right height working on a cutting board. That's for those like me who can't bend over for any extended time. Sure makes the job easier.
                    Yep, that's a great idea to sit while processing. I have a plastic table set up in the kitchen. Might have to try a chair the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      How clean is the grind, and are you sure you are getting your deer? Who is the processor?

I guarantee, my venison is the cleanest and leanest anywhere!

Yep, that's a great idea to sit while processing. I have a plastic table set up in the kitchen. Might have to try a chair the next time.
                      Hopkins county locker plant in Sulphur Springs. They have probably processed 40 deer for me and I’ve never had a complaint. And ground deer is 99% of what I eat. Won’t say it’s as perfect as if inspecting every sq cm but they are the best if used and more than fair on price. They do 100% of our beef we sale on the rail. And we trust them enough that we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction

Kurt and Connie are good people that do quality work and only have quality experienced employees.

All meat vacuum sealed except ground it’s in hamburger packages of your choice in weight. Will tenderize any cuts you want, Slice jerky, several varieties of sausages

Their jap and cheese sausage is the best I’ve had and that’s comparing to all the big names that you hear about in the Dfw and surroundings area

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Hopkins county locker plant in Sulphur Springs. They have probably processed 40 deer for me and I’ve never had a complaint. And ground deer is 99% of what I eat. Won’t say it’s as perfect as if inspecting every sq cm but they are the best if used and more than fair on price. They do 100% of our beef we sale on the rail. And we trust them enough that we offer 100% guaranteed satisfaction

Kurt and Connie are good people that do quality work and only have quality experienced employees.

All meat vacuum sealed except ground it’s in hamburger packages of your choice in weight. Will tenderize any cuts you want, Slice jerky, several varieties of sausages

Their jap and cheese sausage is the best I’ve had and that’s comparing to all the big names that you hear about in the Dfw and surroundings area
                        Glad to hear that. I wish they weren't so far away from me.

Years ago, I used Tevebaugh's in Longview, and they enjoyed a good reputation. But...one time during a hot October day, I took my deer over there, and there were 3 deer laying on the loading dock in 90+ degree weather. No telling how long they had been lying there. A few years ago, they sold out to Skinner's, and Skinner's recently sold the processing to someone else. The health department shut them down last week, and there are a bunch of people wondering where their deer are. I may take my deer to a processor again someday if I can get a testimonial like you gave your's.

Comment

we did two axis and a fallow last Monday.

I hope I don't get old and slow like you!

It's really a lot of work getting it all done like you described.

(most of the meat off of one of the axis went to the dogs as quarters)
                          We usually de-bone and then take it to the processor in one big ice chest.

Comment

I hear ya. I did one for the first time in a couple years this weekend. Took me about two hours, but my stew meat and hamburger turn out like something you see in the supermarket. I still think I got more meat than taking it to the processor.

Comment

I've done all my own processing for the last five years. We eat too many to afford getting them all done anywhere other than the kitchen. This year, however, I shot three deer in one morning on a saturday and had to move out of the house we sold by tuesday! Took all three to my neighbor who runs his own processor. Best 250 bucks I've spent in years lol. I was only comfortable with this bcuz I know how he runs his operation. And it sure was nice!

Comment

I only used a processor once about 20 years ago with an elk because I was very busy at work and will never do it again.
                                I did my spike buck the other day and my wife was disappointed I didn't wait for her. She likes to wrap as I cut. All told, cutting, wrapping and stacking took about an hour and a half maybe, not too fast but not a long enough deal to think it was a pain. When I start getting tired of standing in one spot I start making roasts, I will often pull a roast out of the freezer and cut it up about half thawed out into whatever steaks, fajita etc...at that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X