No announcement yet.

Another processor to cross off my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems pretty close to correct to me. Fees suck but you pay to play.

Comment

If you are out that way Belleville Meat Market always does a good job.

Comment

That's a lot of money . I wrote all processors off years ago..

Comment

Doesn't seem out of line to me. We used to pay $75 just for deboning. Key word "used", we do it ourselves now.

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm not really disappointed about the amount of meat in the box.
            I'm disappointed in what I paid for that amount of meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              Re-read ... that's one doe.

Yep.

Compare what you got ... same animal, but you had 10 pounds of hot links made. There was NO sausage or processing, other than cutting, in my order. If there was some sausage in there, I wouldn't have an issue; I know it's expensive to make sausage.
              even if that was a coyote, it's definitely not enough meat.

I wish you were closer man, I'd ask you to bring your meat and I'd help you process it.
              You'd save money, won't have to worry what the heck they put in it, how clean they are, if it's your deer or not and if they steal the good stuff and give you junk meat....

Comment

It may be a little high price wise, but the prices we used to get are long gone. I used to me able to get a deer processed (no sausage, just deboned, cut or grind) for $40. Place was in Corpus and charged $10 a qtr and would include the backstraps. Now the going rate is a $75 flat fee, with any extras costing that, extra. I pay $100 for a processed deer, and to have it vacuum sealed. It has really gone up

Comment

Prasek's is good but, a little pricey.
                  Jurek's is good and price is good too. Took a doe and got 22 packs hamburger and 4 packs of backstrap in medallions for $67.

Juniors, I don't use, they will get you on both deer or any animal you take them.

Good Luck

Comment

I got my mule deer back the other day and paid $225.
                    I recieved about 2/3 of what I expected. After a life time if paying for it I have decided I'm never paying anyone another dime.
                    If I was in your shoes I'd also be peeved

Comment

Let me know guys I grind for cheap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MVD View Post
                        Stopped using Dozier’s 6 years ago after they “lost” my order, a buck and a doe, and offered to make up my order from a doe they had “donated”. To top it off, he offered 2 links of sausage of which I saw him take from another persons order to make up for the mix up.

Wow! That's a great reason to never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                          If you are out that way Belleville Meat Market always does a good job.

Not for the price he's paying

Belleville is one of the best, but they dang sure ain't cheap.

Comment

Had a woman in Big Sandy, grind 30 lbs. boned for hamburger. It was $.50 a lb, ground and vac sealed.

Comment

Yep, I am buying a grinder as soon as I finish typing this for the deer my grandson got two weeks ago.

Comment

Geez, i took a buck in a few weeks ago, standard process, hand cut steaks, backstraps whole, and 10 lbs of fresh link jap cheese, rest hamburger grind and paid $128.00. All but burger vac sealed

Comment

Working...
                                X