Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Another processor to cross off my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Not for the price he's paying

Belleville is one of the best, but they dang sure ain't cheap.
    I need to take half a deer out there to finally try em out. Hear say they make all sorts of tasty tings

Comment

So many horror stories about processors. I have been lucky. Done much of it myself in the past, but now I am older, I would rather pay.
      I have been using the same guy in Kerrville for about a dozen years now with no complaints. If you want EVERY bit of meat scrap, do it yourself.

Comment

Next one you kill bring it by my house. I’ll knock it out for you.

$125 deposit and we’ll settle up when you pick it up.

I’ll even throw some bacon in the zip lock with the back straps.

Comment

Seems fair, I paid $215 @Hiblers last week for a doe, had quite a bit of Jeremy/sausage made though. If it was a small doe meat seems right.

Comment

So what I'm hearing is I need to start up a processing shop. The Bartol Butcher Block

Comment

The last doe I took to a processor cost me about $170, which included about 10 lbs of breakfast sausage. I do my own now. One processing fee is all a grinder cost. So I'm ahead of the game after 2 deer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

meh-- maybe a tad high

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                  The last doe I took to a processor cost me about $170, which included about 10 lbs of breakfast sausage. I do my own now. One processing fee is all a grinder cost. So I'm ahead of the game after 2 deer.
                  your time is worth nothing? I got a few jobs fer ya!

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    your time is worth nothing? I got a few jobs fer ya!
                    Who said that? I'm off half the week, got nothing else to do and I know how my deer is handled. Piece of mind is worth more than time to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post

They added extra grinding fees.

Comment

Wow, that's pricy.

I think the last time I paid a business to process my deer they "added" a lot of "value add ons" like tray packaging the grind, etc. It cost me $90-$100 and I had quartered it, removed the backstraps and tenderloins. All they had was the shoulders and hams and grind. That was 15 years ago.

Sorry you got burned on that.

So where are you going to go now?

Comment

My wife & I do it ourselves. That way we know what we are getting, exactly the way we want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If they weigh your meat when you take it to them it’s not going to be just your deer. I’m sure you know that already and not sure that’s your case. I quit Granzins several years ago when I took them a couple of nice does and ended up with meat from maybe one. Two really small packages of backstrap.

Comment

Would b drive for u but check out Jackson's in crosby. Been using them 5 years and never dissapointed. Don't have to leave a deposit and they give u pricing up front and sheet with all their prices on it. No hidden costs and they are pretty fast getting you order done.

Comment

I pay $85 cash at Plantation meats near Springtown. They individually processes your deer. Basic process includes grinding and steak cuts. Steaks are vacuum packed. Bacon wrap is a little more but not much. Even having beef fat added is really reasonable.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X