Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Another processor to cross off my list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot 4 deer, dropped them off at Bellville. Ended up with 150 pounds of ground , 25 pounds chipotle sausage, 25 pounds dirty rice 25 pounds of summer sausage and bacon wrapped backstrap 620 bucks. I got no complaints with them.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      You will be in for disappointment I'm afraid when you start pricing other places. They ain't cheap anywhere
      +1

Comment

Since I retired to the ranch, I process all my deer myself.

Comment

You haven’t mentioned how much meat that actually is...I’ll guess 45lbs. I’m assuming they mixed in some beef with the deer for hamb? If so that costs them money you know.

Going off my estimate, you paid $2.77/lb and you didn’t touch a thing.
          Not sure what there is to complain about.

Comment

i was at a processor the other day talking to the owner. He told me that he had about 60,000 dollars worth of processing never picked up last year. People drop off animals and never come back. He cannot sale this meat legally, so he eats what he can and donates the rest. That is a ton of work to not get paid for. So I guess, like everything else in life, hard working honest people have to pay a little more to cover those that are worthless.

Comment

Griffith in Burnet is up to $175 basic processing, if you do any custom order your easily $250

Comment

Reading threads like this always make me glad that my wife & I do our own processing. Sure, it takes some time, but it's well worth it for the finished product!

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                  He cannot sale this meat legally, so he eats what he can and donates the rest. That is a ton of work to not get paid for. So I guess, like everything else in life, hard working honest people have to pay a little more to cover those that are worthless.
                  I thought there was an out for this type situation where they could sell it? Maybe I am mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    Processing fee usually is for deboning. The rest is custom work and takes time. Doesn't seem like to high.

I paid $93 for 1 doe to be ground in hamburger. Package straps, and then 10 lbs of jalapeno/cheese hot link.
                    This.

And OP either got shorted on returned meat or that was a really small deer. Leaning toward the former myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      Just to be clear, I'm not really disappointed about the amount of meat in the box.
                      I'm disappointed in what I paid for that amount of meat.

I would be the opposite , the cost seems about right but looks like you only got your back strap medallions and one ground hindquarter. Where is the jerky quarter?

Comment

I've been using Kavasoviks in Rosenberg for the last four years. They do a great job and prices are reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by cctex View Post
                          I've been using Kavasoviks in Rosenberg for the last four years. They do a great job and prices are reasonable.

X2. Started using them 4 years ago and the quality and price have been great and stayed consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stantons in Alvin....been in biz for over fitty years!

Comment

Just picked up my sausage today, Deboned and already cubed for the grinder and still played $365 for link sausage.

Comment

it's very tedious and time consuming to debone and trim out all of the fat and silver skin before grinding. that's about what I would charge to do it for someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X