No announcement yet.

“Antlers86” 2019 LIVE thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will be fine with that shot. I shoot low every time. I watched the video 10 times. I think you caught lung on the near side as well. 90% of shots are too high not too low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Is the camera angle near the same as shot angle? If so the deer is quartering slightly to the camera not away. Looks to me like the arrow went straight through and did not deflect at all. Still a dead deer but back.
      He was slightly quartered away from me. Camera angle is 6’ or so to my right

I aimed for exit and hit left shoulder low. Entered a tad back than what I wish but that is still a dead deer. No blood is what I can’t believe.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        You will be fine with that shot. I shoot low every time. I watched the video 10 times. I think you caught lung on the near side as well. 90% of shots are too high not too low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        I should have used my 3” Swhacker and blood trail would have been like yours.

Comment

That deer is dead unless his vitals are deformed and not where they should be.. I've hit a many in the exact spot and they were dead running... Amazing you couldn't find him..
          What BH????

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            That deer is dead unless his vitals are deformed and not where they should be.. I've hit a many in the exact spot and they were dead running... Amazing you couldn't find him..
            What BH????
            Slick Trick 4 Blade

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
              Slick Trick 4 Blade
              Hmm. It's a mystery.. Wish I was closer. I'm off tomorrow. I would look all night!! He's dead.
              One helluva buck by the way. Wow..

Comment

I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm sure you'll find him in the morning.

Comment

He was slightly quartered away from me. Camera angle is 6’ or so to my right

I aimed for exit and hit left shoulder low. Entered a tad back than what I wish but that is still a dead deer. No blood is what I can’t believe.
                  Good to know camera is some different. No doubt you killed him.

Comment

I hit a big buck in that same spot a few years ago. Just knew he’d be dead after an easy track......

I finally caught up to him that night half way across my neighbors farm and 10 briar patches and creek crossings later. I don’t think that buck has the option to go that far, so you oughta be able to find him!

Comment

He’s going to die eventually. Hopefully he bedded down close and y’all didn’t bump him looking. Shot was low and back. I think liver is best case scenario there. I hate when I see that slow walking away after a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                        I hit a big buck in that same spot a few years ago. Just knew he’d be dead after an easy track......

I finally caught up to him that night half way across my neighbors farm and 10 briar patches and creek crossings later. I don’t think that buck has the option to go that far, so you oughta be able to find him!
                        Wish this buck had bled that much, with this one absolutely zero blood. Even, where he stood around for 3-4 minutes with his head rolling around. The no blood part was a *******.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          He’s going to die eventually. Hopefully he bedded down close and y’all didn’t bump him looking. Shot was low and back. I think liver is best case scenario there. I hate when I see that slow walking away after a shot.
                          ^^^Exactly what he said. The slow walk with head down has never been a good sign in my experience. He’s hurt bad, but he’s very conscious, thinking clearly and gonna keep moving. I hit an 8 point a few years ago almost identical angle and location using a slick trick. Long story short I found him the next day, over 500 yards away. After opening him up to see what I hit, I clipped liver and barely the bottom of one lung, I’m talking one blade barely nicked the bottom of one lung and he still jumped a fence and went over a quarter of a mile through some very thick brush.

Comment

Can I win the TBHr worst wknd of LIVE hunts award?

I need prayers!!!!!
                            Lol!
                            Man,reading these posts reminded me of a few years ago.Killed 2 jumpy old doe's.One in the morning,and one that eve.I felt like Robin hood walking around camp.Next day I couldn't hit my *** with both hands!
                            Good luck this morning.You'll find that deer.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a good shot to me. Good Luck this morning.

Comment

Will be there in an hour to start searching. We will find him. Hate the meat is a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X