• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your elevation? The angle is important in that spot

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      What was your elevation? The angle is important in that spot
      10', arrow passed through but looks to have hit the back part of the off shoulder as it exited going hard to the left when it hit the ground.

Comment

Looks good to me. Crazy how they just don’t bleed sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The dark spot centered here is the best I could do

Click image for larger version

Name:	CA5D2447-F2FD-4916-9487-EC490F237413.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	24593172

Before

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE9A50EE-099F-4925-AC45-70E4DA298EBF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24593173
          Last edited by TxAg; 09-29-2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man that's a great deer. That said the shot is back. He will not survive that but if you sniff that arrow I but it smells paunchy. Good luck in the morning. He should be liver hit.

Comment

Slowing your shot down frame by frame, the yellow dot is the entrance. Man I hope you find him, that is a beast! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd give him a little longer if it were me. Looks low and slightly back. Still a deadly shot, just may take a bit longer. I'm betting Liver.....May not bleed much... GOOD LUCK!! Dog...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mdnabors; 09-29-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Looks low and a touch back but that vid is pretty quick
                    Id be bringing in a dog for sure good dog will find that one pretty quick.

Comment

That’s a perfect shot with him slightly quartering away. That buck is dead. I had a few slick trick shots like that that just seemed to seal themselves over with little to no blood. That shot is not low at 20 yards and only 10’ up. Good luck.

Comment

The arrow kicks up dirt behind him like it took a left turn after entry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                          That’s a perfect shot with him slightly quartering away. That buck is dead. I had a few slick trick shots like that that just seemed to seal themselves over with little to no blood. That shot is not low at 20 yards and only 10’ up. Good luck.
                          If it was 6" farther forward it wouldn't be too low

Comment

10’ of elevation and I aimed for exit. Arrow entered near liver and exited left shoulder blade. Arrow turned back fast so maybe ripped some vitals on the way out.

Comment

Is the camera angle near the same as shot angle? If so the deer is quartering slightly to the camera not away. Looks to me like the arrow went straight through and did not deflect at all. Still a dead deer but back.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                                Move that shot forward 5-6 inches it would be a perfect shot. Although i do agree the buck is dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X