WiFi Coverage for Large Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
    Yes sir! I just moved my safari to duck duck go search engine and wayz for maps. No more google for me.

Great thread. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Second time of hearing about duck duck. We are slowly trying to divest away from Google as well where possible. I will have to try duck duck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      The problem with using everything wireless is us folks that don’t live in the city with a super fast connection lose a noticeable amount of speed using wireless vs wired.

I wired every TV or other critical location. I could use wireless but with streaming I need all the speed I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I have to disagree. I'm out in the country and I have the google mesh I just installed on Saturday in about 10 minutes. I have two of the google pods in the house and one in my Metal building/shop that is about 30ft from my bedroom window. One of the pods is in my bedroom window and they other in my shop window. I get the exact same speeds(9.5Mbps) in my shop as I do at the router. We have TISD wireless internet. I thought I was going to have to run a wire from the house to the shop but as you can see from above there was no need. I'm sure you guys in the city will think 9.5Mbps is slow, but it's not that bad for out in the country. Sure beats the heck out of the speeds I was getting with Directv satellite internet and doesn't go down every time there is a Thunderstorm.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        I have to disagree. I'm out in the country and I have the google mesh I just installed on Saturday in about 10 minutes. I have two of the google pods in the house and one in my Metal building/shop that is about 30ft from my bedroom window. One of the pods is in my bedroom window and they other in my shop window. I get the exact same speeds(9.5Mbps) in my shop as I do at the router. We have TISD wireless internet. I thought I was going to have to run a wire from the house to the shop but as you can see from above there was no need. I'm sure you guys in the city will think 9.5Mbps is slow, but it's not that bad for out in the country. Sure beats the heck out of the speeds I was getting with Directv satellite internet and doesn't go down every time there is a Thunderstorm.

I’m betting the google mesh is running at 5Ghz which will be a bit faster. My EERO system runs compatible devices at 5 GHz and it shows faster wireless speeds than my 2.4 GHz router in the shop.

All things equal wired will be faster than wireless. Before I moved out of the city I had a 300 mbps connection. Wireless I averaged 200-215; wired I would get as high as 350-370.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I’m betting the google mesh is running at 5Ghz which will be a bit faster. My EERO system runs compatible devices at 5 GHz and it shows faster wireless speeds than my 2.4 GHz router in the shop.

All things equal wired will be faster than wireless. Before I moved out of the city I had a 300 mbps connection. Wireless I averaged 200-215; wired I would get as high as 350-370.

What system would you suggest to use if I was able to run wire? I’ve got a guest barndo, out door area and a shop I want WiFi at. But I will be able to run wire to those places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a heads up-

Costco has both Orbi and Google mesh systems on sale right now.

Orbi is 299, normally 399
            Google is 269, normally 299. This is a 4 pack

Comment

Ended up going with the TP Link Deco set because I'm cheap. 3 piece set easily covers all 3 floors and extends well down the street out front.

Comment

Originally posted by JANKEII View Post
                Guy at Best Buy told me this setup. Still have not purchased
                Best setup I found here

Comment

Working...
                X