Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

WiFi Coverage for Large Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linksys velop, is what I have in my 4000sq ft house two floors I only have two towers and have no issues with my wireless cameras outside in the front or anything been maintence free since setup plugs in current modem

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      Does the Google mesh system have a modem built in or do you still need a modem to pair up with them? Really like the looks of the Ubiquiti system linked below, however they are access points and not wireless mesh pucks. Not an issue if I have any kind of Ethernet system in the new house, but I won’t know until we move in next week.

Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System UAP-3 (Pack of 3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EORRBW..._17ksDbJFSZAC6
      My main unit (it comes with three) is connected directly to my DSL modem. If you are running a router, or switch behind your modem, it could be connected there, but I simplified mine as much as possible when I installed mine. It uses an ethernet connection for the main one, and the other two (or more) will connect to it wirelessly.

Comment

I had the same issue. 4200 sf single story house.
        Installed a 3-pack eero brand mesh setup.
        This is what Geek Squad recommended.
        Works like a champ throughout the entire house.

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
          I had the same issue. 4200 sf single story house.
          Installed a 3-pack eero brand mesh setup.
          This is what Geek Squad recommended.
          Works like a champ throughout the entire house.

That’s a monster single story. I think my footprint is only around 2,000 square feet, so if you can get coverage across a 4200 square foot ranch I shouldn’t have any issues. Was concerned about cameras/speakers outside. Sounds like most folks are happy with all the major brands.

Comment

We went with Eero. 1 hub and 3 beacons.

Similar size single story house to a few of the other guys here. Get 100% signal strength at 5Ghz anywhere in the house. Can even hang out around the pool area with good coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Get google mesh. Very easy to setup and works flawlessly.

Comment

Another vote for Google mesh, it works.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guy at Best Buy told me this setup. Still have not purchased
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                      Google WiFi here with 3 pucks in a large home. It’s outstanding. The app is the most user friendly app I’ve used.
                      We’ve had good luck with google Wi-Fi as well. Very easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                        Google Mesh
                        best thing ever

Yes^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following....
                          I need something to reach from my house to my shop about 150' between buildings

Comment

Tagged also.
                            Have 4000sqft metal home and 3500sqft metal shop 150-200ft apart. I am going to need to get an external antenna for the house and then wifi and extenders I guess. I don't know much about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              We went with Eero. 1 hub and 3 beacons.

Similar size single story house to a few of the other guys here. Get 100% signal strength at 5Ghz anywhere in the house. Can even hang out around the pool area with good coverage.

Meant to add; Google can kiss my ***. I’ll do everything I can to NOT support them.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                                Tagged also.

Have 4000sqft metal home and 3500sqft metal shop 150-200ft apart. I am going to need to get an external antenna for the house and then wifi and extenders I guess. I don't know much about this stuff.

You can use a mesh system with your setup, you’ll just need to run a cable between buildings.

Comment

Working...
                                X