Wind turbines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Holy Mackrel! 1.5-2 million per turnkey install. Thats incredible! How long does it take for one to pay for itself?

Eye sore smeye sore...Wind turbines are no different than seeing a sky scraper go up or all the wooded hill country get plowed down and developed for residential neighborhoods...thats annoying. Anybody building a goofy colonial house in the country...anybody live in a deteriorating mobile home in the middle of a oak and cedar trees...no visual difference.

Im wondering how long oil money will keep the antiwind propaganda going. Thankfully oil is not doing a good job in persuasion. Wind money smells better than oil money.
    The largest wind farm in the US got canned via Texas Oilfield money.

Comment

I know that EVERY land buyer I have recently worked with or am currently working for has explicitly stated NO WIND TURBINES. I've heard a realistic income figure is $1000-$1500/mo per, but don't quote me on that. Personally, I wish they would all go away.

Comment

I know an old man up around Sweetwater that was getting 10k a month per turbine. That was about 5 years ago and what he told me. I have no hard proof of that.

Comment

I’m sure they’re all a little different but the man that has them all over his property north of Muenster gets $1,400 per month per windmill plus 2% of the revenue that each windmill generates and he’s got a lot of them. He also has a couple hundred pump jacks on the same land that run daily. I know the richest acreage in Texas used to be in Kilgore, but it would be hard for me to imagine that anyone in the state is getting more mailbox money than the Muenster guy

Comment

I turned down their offer. It’s nothing like oil money. Not even close. And I didn’t want to give up access for 30-40 years.

Comment

There’s going to be a major push in farms going up in the next 2 years. Texas will have thousands more up in the next few years. So get some Visine for all those sore eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                There’s going to be a major push in farms going up in the next 2 years. Texas will have thousands more up in the next few years. So get some Visine for all those sore eyes...
                A guy that works for me said his brother is out in west Tx putting them up. Said he has plenty of work for the next 3 years.

Comment

If you think they’re ugly now, wait until the govt stops propping them up for no reason, and everyone realizes the maintenance isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    If u had any, you would love them. 10 turbines on your land gets you about 30k per month, 360k per year. U can buy lots of scenery for that kind of mailbox geetus. I would care less what my neighbors though if I had some.

All of the wind farms are subsidized by the government to keep #aoc happy. Each unit costs about 1.5-2 million to install and get up and running.
                    For 360k per year I'd have to do it. I just wouldn't ever go to the ranch again LOL

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                    I know an old man up around Sweetwater that was getting 10k a month per turbine. That was about 5 years ago and what he told me. I have no hard proof of that.
                    I read 5-8k per year per turbine. Hard to believe someone's getting 10k per month..even if they had 10 on the place.

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                    I’m sure they’re all a little different but the man that has them all over his property north of Muenster gets $1,400 per month per windmill plus 2% of the revenue that each windmill generates and he’s got a lot of them. He also has a couple hundred pump jacks on the same land that run daily. I know the richest acreage in Texas used to be in Kilgore, but it would be hard for me to imagine that anyone in the state is getting more mailbox money than the Muenster guy
                    This sounds more reasonable. I'd have to really need money to take that little. And from what I've read once you sign the contract you sign away your ranch pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      If you think they’re ugly now, wait until the govt stops propping them up for no reason, and everyone realizes the maintenance isn’t worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      LOL This is what I keep thinking. Anyone have a clue to how much money us taxpayers are dumping into each one?

I think most people know there would be near zero of them without subsidies. They simply are not worth the money.

Comment

Put them out in the ocean! (Seems logical) I hate what the did to West Texas with them.

Comment

I haven't heard directly from a landowner, I have heard $1000/ month / windmill but mostly "I heard" talk, a friend of mine did say if the deal went through for them on his ranch he would buy into a African hunting concession and start spending 6 months a year there.

Comment

Place I used to hunt in mills county was getting 1200/month/ per them noisy things

Comment

Nothing but a huge scam. The companies come in promising the works to get guys to sign up. Then that company sells to another company and the price drops but the guys stay in because it’s still pretty good. Then that company sells and the price drops again. They end up getting a small fraction of the first promise.

Comment

Well they keep shutting down coal fired power plants in favor of the electricity from them so I believe that's a positive thing. Several members hunt on places that have them and say they aren't an issue with that. Eye sores maybe but so are all the houses going up in my area from all the Californians moving in. Subsidized my be a good coin phrase to give a negative view on them but a lot of things are kept afloat by subsidies. Like farming. But it's the off season and we have to discuss something so someone tell me how many acres you have to own to getvthembon your place?

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X