X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol!!

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    Or speeding ticket!
    Ain't no lie!! I had 3 of em.We thought that '99 was a the ****!!!

Comment

Lmao!

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
      I have a 2015 Duramax I bought new in Oct ‘14. Chevy 2500hd.

In nearly 5 years, I have replaced DEF heater once under warranty, and put new batteries and repaired one battery cable. It’s been very reliable.

That being said, having spent lots of time in all the new diesels, I would recommend a Ford. Better ride, better interior, better resale, more power, AND AC VENTS IN THE BACK SEAT!

That last part is literally the only thing I don’t like about my pickup. Kids always whine about being hot.
      My kid did too! My response,"no ****? Never been back there".Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
        This reminded me of another question I had. You guys that are deleting your trucks. Are yall running only a muffler or straight. I would like it to not be too terribly loud. I had straight on a 94 and 02 cummins. Not really wanting that loud again. Also is the only thing required a muffler for inspection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of exhaust systems that will tone down a Cummins. If you don’t delete it (I currently have a 2012 deleted Cummins) and I wouldn’t/won’t do it again. I runny my factory piping from the delete pipe back and it can still get raspy and drone. I need to put my resonator pipe back in, it toned it down a lot.

For what it’s worth I have a 2012 Ram 2500 and the only repairs I have done are a front hub and water pump. It has 185k on it and been deleted since 100k.

As I said earlier when I get a newer one, I won’t delete. It’s getting harder every day to find a reputable tuner because the EPA has been fining and shutting down tuners and also manufacturers and retailers that sell delete parts as “off road only”. It’s only going to get worse and I wouldn’t be surprised if Texas has emissions inspections on diesels within the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          Weird, they will not cover it, as there is zero difference between road and off-road, it’s been standard for years, maybe the fuel gelled and starved the pump due to cold weather
          Also have them check if the pump is a CP4 or CP3 , the 4’s are a problem child

2019 and 2020 will have the CP4.

They went back to the CP3 for 2021

I’d like to know how these “metal shavings” are getting past the filters.

I would fight that one all the way.

Comment

I had a 2018 F250 6.7 put 95000 no issues , retired turned around and got 2019 same truck so far 25000 no issues , I doubt I’ll touch my 2001 7.3 I still have that I put 420 on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I watched a YouTube video V-belt & son they showed a guy with a 2020 ram with 500 miles and CP4 failure, they explained how it failed
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-13-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I have a 2015 Duramax. Has about 110k. In 6.5 years it has been to a mechanic twice. One time was a def tank heater and the other time was a def quality sensor. I’m extremely pleased with it and plan to run it a whole lot longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                  19 dodge 3500 quit on the way back from Scottsdale last week. Call from shop said fuel pump sent metal into the injectors. 7500 dollars and warranty will not cover because it had some red diesel in it. Only one tank that I know of from hundreds. Don’t understand what dyed fuel has to do with a fuel pump exploding and sending metal through the system.

File it on your in on your insurance. Had a friend have exact same problem. His insurance covered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2012 f250 180,000 only problem was a mouse chewed some wires

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Fuel pump is after the filters. There is bullet proofing you can do where the fuel coming out of the pump then routes to a set of filters, then come back to the injectors to mitigate that risk.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        Fuel pump is after the filters. There is bullet proofing you can do where the fuel coming out of the pump then routes to a set of filters, then come back to the injectors to mitigate that risk.
                        Ya, I don't think some folks know the difference between a lift pump and injection pump.

Comment

Ford Problems

My Ford Exoerience
                          2012 6.7 1-exhaust temp sensor issue
                          2015- 6.7 no issues
                          2017- 6.7 No Issues
                          2020-6.7 28,000 miles no issues

Comment

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
                            My Ford Exoerience
                            2012 6.7 1-exhaust temp sensor issue
                            2015- 6.7 no issues