No announcement yet.

Reliability Newer Diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They’re cracking down on no mufflers around here. That’s causing them to look around and some people are claiming they have seen failures based off of modified emissions equipment.

I may just roll the dice soon

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      They’re cracking down on no mufflers around here. That’s causing them to look around and some people are claiming they have seen failures based off of modified emissions equipment.

I may just roll the dice soon

This reminded me of another question I had. You guys that are deleting your trucks. Are yall running only a muffler or straight. I would like it to not be too terribly loud. I had straight on a 94 and 02 cummins. Not really wanting that loud again. Also is the only thing required a muffler for inspection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ejj005 View Post
        This reminded me of another question I had. You guys that are deleting your trucks. Are yall running only a muffler or straight. I would like it to not be too terribly loud. I had straight on a 94 and 02 cummins. Not really wanting that loud again. Also is the only thing required a muffler for inspection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I “hear” on the newer 6.7 fords the straight pipe isn’t too loud in the cab and aren’t near as loud as a 94 or 02 Cummings. Inspection is dependent upon the county you live in and how the inspector interprets the law.

Had an inspector tell me one time that he couldn’t give two terds whether a diesel had a muffler or not since they weren’t subject to emissions. Who knows.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

The 6.7’s are not loud at all without it. When you stand back behind it, it sounds like a big giant hair dryer.

Comment

Deleted 6.7 Powerstrokes aren’t terribly loud, but you can obviously tell they don’t have a muffler.
            If I decide to delete I would definitely put a muffler on to not draw attention.

Comment

I threw a small muffler on both of the trucks I have deleted. I COULD NOT stand the drone in the cab when it was straight piped. And it was 10x worse when I was towing.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                I “hear” on the newer 6.7 fords the straight pipe isn’t too loud in the cab and aren’t near as loud as a 94 or 02 Cummings. Inspection is dependent upon the county you live in and how the inspector interprets the law.

Had an inspector tell me one time that he couldn’t give two terds whether a diesel had a muffler or not since they weren’t subject to emissions. Who knows.

Sierracharlie out…
                On a 6.7 powerstroke, the best way to "delete" the truck is to run a delete pipe from Flo Pro. That's what I did when I deleted my 6.7 powerstroke. The delete pipe just goes in place of where the DPF system was. It allows you to retain your factory muffler, exhaust tip and down pipe. It's not loud at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  On a 6.7 powerstroke, the best way to "delete" the truck is to run a delete pipe from Flo Pro. That's what I did when I deleted my 6.7 powerstroke. The delete pipe just goes in place of where the DPF system was. It allows you to retain your factory muffler, exhaust tip and down pipe. It's not loud at all.

I hear it every morning [emoji6]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’ve got a deleted 17’ 6.7 with only a FloPro delete pipe. It’s loud when I want it to be, but otherwise it’s prettt quiet. Noise in the cab isn’t an issue even with a heavy load behind me.

Comment

I'm at the Ford dealer now, just been told that the 2019 6.7 have turbo bearing problems. They got two in this week for the same issue. Loses boost. Been going on for a while. They was another collapse fuel tank too. Guess Ford makes over priced garbage too.

I showed the techs this thread, they were all laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I'm at the Ford dealer now, just been told that the 2019 6.7 have turbo bearing problems. They got two in this week for the same issue. Loses boost. Been going on for a while. They was another collapse fuel tank too. Guess Ford makes over priced garbage too.

I showed the techs this thread, they were all laughing.

A LOT of those "Techs" ain't the sharpest knifves in the drawer either

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          A LOT of those "Techs" ain't the sharpest knifves in the drawer either
                          They were laughing at the posts about how good Ford was. I suppose if you work on junk all day you would have a different outlook

I hear it from the techs at Kubota, John Deere , Gm and most others too.
                          Last edited by Radar; 07-24-2019, 11:21 AM.

Comment

They were laughing at the posts about how good Ford was. I suppose if you work on junk all day you would have a different outlook

I hear it from the techs at Kubota, John Deere , Gm and most others too.

Yeah not exactly a good reference. All those guys see are problems everyday. They're not out there driving and pulling heavy loads with the trucks to know how they perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                              Yeah not exactly a good reference. All those guys see are problems everyday. They're not out there driving and pulling heavy loads with the trucks to know how they perform.
                              Goes back to the thread title "Reliability Newer Diesels". If you work on them all day you know the good and the bad. I threw brand loyalty out the window a long time ago. It is real hard for me to say brand x is better than brand y after being in the retail business so long.

We sold out to cheap foreign manufacturers years ago.

Comment

Goes back to the thread title "Reliability Newer Diesels". If you work on them all day you know the good and the bad. I threw brand loyalty out the window a long time ago. It is real hard for me to say brand x is better than brand y after being in the retail business so long.

We sold out to cheap foreign manufacturers years ago.
                                I'm not brand loyal. I've ran them all. The dealership technicians primarily
                                only see the issues with whatever brand they work for. They don't work on all the other diesels everyday like a regular mechanic does to compare issues. I wouldn't ask a ford technician to compare a cummins to powerstroke unless they have worked for both companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X