Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    Such as.......?

I keep hearing all the Liberals on TV telling me the Earth is going to devour humanity with "Climate Change" but they can't give any examples either....

Sorry, I just dislike blanket statements on a certain product that have no basis or examples, or any info for that matter. Now, had you said the Ford 6.0 Diesel is a POS with head studs, intercooler, etc....issues, I'd have known what you were talking about. However, the 6.7 has really been a great diesel and not too many issues.
    I am with you on this. Personally I drive an F350 with the 6.2 gas engine but have a lot of friends up here that drive the Super Duty with the 6.7 and they all love them.
    Any of them can have issues but I don't hear about any common issues with the guys running them up here.

Comment

I have a 2015 Duramax I bought new in Oct ‘14. Chevy 2500hd.

In nearly 5 years, I have replaced DEF heater once under warranty, and put new batteries and repaired one battery cable. It’s been very reliable.

That being said, having spent lots of time in all the new diesels, I would recommend a Ford. Better ride, better interior, better resale, more power, AND AC VENTS IN THE BACK SEAT!

That last part is literally the only thing I don’t like about my pickup. Kids always whine about being hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        I'm not brand loyal. I've ran them all. The dealership technicians primarily
        only see the issues with whatever brand they work for. They don't work on all the other diesels everyday like a regular mechanic does to compare issues. I wouldn't ask a ford technician to compare a cummins to powerstroke unless they have worked for both companies.

Oh I go to plenty of independent shops and some that only work on diesel pick up trucks. I see and hear all about the problems with all brands. I drive a Peterbilt 337 and it has a Paccar engine with an Allison transmission. So I use one daily. Before the Pete I had a freightliner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know lots of folks who drive diesels.
          I haven’t heard of too many problems out of any of them.

A buddy of mine had hell with what I believe was an 08 dodge Cummins. Stayed in the shop with emission issues.
          I had an 04 powerstroke that stayed in the shop with multiple issues. So much so that I sold it and bought a 04 dodge that I ended up keeping for 13 years.

I wouldn’t hesitate to drive any of them.
          With that said, I have my eye on that 7.3 gas that Ford is coming out with.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
            On a 6.7 powerstroke, the best way to "delete" the truck is to run a delete pipe from Flo Pro. That's what I did when I deleted my 6.7 powerstroke. The delete pipe just goes in place of where the DPF system was. It allows you to retain your factory muffler, exhaust tip and down pipe. It's not loud at all.
            That’s how my truck is deleted and it’s loud! I was at a shop last week and a Tech said it was loud already when I told him I wanted to take the resonator off. I really want a 5 inch pipe and then I’ll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              I understand from my mechanic that all the newer diesels are all susceptible to issues with the fuel pump. When it fails it sends metal particles through the entire fuel system. The only way to repair is to replace the entire fuel system at a cost of $8.5 to 10K. This occurs at 100K plus. This keeps me motivated to keep my 7.3. May be a turtle but it's not taking a nap on the side of the road.
              LOL...that's right. Reminds me of the rabbit and tortoise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                That’s how my truck is deleted and it’s loud! I was at a shop last week and a Tech said it was loud already when I told him I wanted to take the resonator off. I really want a 5 inch pipe and then I’ll be happy.

Just a word of caution on the 5” you won’t have enough room for a 35” spare without it touching the tire or being very close.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                  LOL...that's right. Reminds me of the rabbit and tortoise.
                  That was just a story for children...Wanna race?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post

I don’t know what’s done on your truck but my 15 was fully deleted with a straight pipe and it wasn’t loud, even towing my dual tandem heavy you couldn’t hear the exhaust with the windows up.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      I don’t know what’s done on your truck but my 15 was fully deleted with a straight pipe and it wasn’t loud, even towing my dual tandem heavy you couldn’t hear the exhaust with the windows up.
                      Yeah mine was not loud at all. I could put my tractor and 30' trailer (16k pounds) and not hear the truck at all. But the truck I had before was an 11 cummins with a 5" straight pipe, so maybe I was a little numb to truck noise

Comment

19 dodge 3500 quit on the way back from Scottsdale last week. Call from shop said fuel pump sent metal into the injectors. 7500 dollars and warranty will not cover because it had some red diesel in it. Only one tank that I know of from hundreds. Don’t understand what dyed fuel has to do with a fuel pump exploding and sending metal through the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
                          19 dodge 3500 quit on the way back from Scottsdale last week. Call from shop said fuel pump sent metal into the injectors. 7500 dollars and warranty will not cover because it had some red diesel in it. Only one tank that I know of from hundreds. Don’t understand what dyed fuel has to do with a fuel pump exploding and sending metal through the system.
                          Weird, they will not cover it, as there is zero difference between road and off-road, it’s been standard for years, maybe the fuel gelled and starved the pump due to cold weather
                          Also have them check if the pump is a CP4 or CP3 , the 4’s are a problem child
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-13-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Probaly because red diesel is not legal for road use, anything for them not to have to warranty it.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              Haven’t had a single DEF or EGR issue on my 7.3 in 328,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Or speeding ticket!

Comment

I'm gonna sell mine,and buy another one;in a few months.I had to replace the DEF heater @ 77k miles..I'm going back to a single cab 4x4 Powerstroke..I don't care what anybody says about the 6.7 Powerstroke's..I've had some fast *** cars,and been driving at least one diesel from every manufacturer since '99.I deleted,and jumped all of my others.I didn't do anything to this one.'16..Never felt like I needed to.It's a hammer,and never pulled anything but a bassboat..I can't cuss a Cummins,or a Duramax.All of em were squared away.

Comment

Working...
                                X