No announcement yet.

Reliability Newer Diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 F-250 deleted with under 400 miles. Has 110,000 now and only had to replace wear and tear parts except for one front hub assembly. I went ahead and did both front hubs since the other looked bad...maybe due to all the high water driving from Harvey (who knows really)? Also switched all the fleet vehicles over to blue oval from GM and very happy with the decision so far.

Comment

I had a 2013 Duramax with DEF issues on 3 separate occassions, otherwise truck was great. Now in a 2018, and 35K miles in, no issues. Knock on wood!

Comment

I've had 3 of the 6.7 Fords...

Had a 2011, a 2015 and now a 2019... I had no issues with the 2011 in 100K miles, had to have the blinker/windshield wiper control replaced under warranty on the 2015 in 60K Miles... Only have 4K on the 2019, hopefully nothing to report for a long time with it! GL with the search...

Comment

I have a 2018 6.7 with 30k, no issues so far. Dad has a 2016 6.7 with 70k, no issues so far.

Comment

I have a '16 Ram 3500 CTD.

I'd say the Ram and the Ford are a toss up. The deciding factor for me is with similar trucks the Ford is about $10,000 more expensive.

Ram is made in Mexico, that could be the difference.

I would not drive the Chevy/GMC. I work my trucks.

I also have a '97 F350. It has 410,000 miles on it. It needs injectors. It's getting a Cummins and 4x4 conversion instead.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have a 15 F250 King ranch I got for a steal of a deal. It had 72k on it. Only problems I have had was death wobble and the def system now my truck is also lighter and whole lot faster.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. A lot of good info and really solidified what I had thought. I had originally thought only about the Dodges. But after looking around, I found several fords that I dont feel were that much more expensive than the dodges. So over the next couple months will be on the lookout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford's are the best said the guy that owns one. No Dodge's are [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Ford's are the best said the guy that owns one. No Dodge's are [emoji16][emoji16]

Probably half of them dont even have a ball hitch

Comment

I’m a Ford guy...

13 6.7 110k with zero issues
                      15 6.7 65k with zero issues
                      19 6.7 15k with zero issues

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post

Oh snap!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Bet the mirrors are in tow mode

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Bet the mirrors are in tow mode

Mooooooooooose POWER!!!!!!!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Have a 16 2500 ram Cummins.

Only issue I had was the def pump. Covered under warranty. I have 35000 on it now and I am on the fence on deleting or not.

I’m in Brazoria county and I’m hearing that they are cracking down on deleted diesels. That makes me nervous.

I’m not going to delete to be obnoxious, I just want to take out the DPF and unplug the EGR.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                                Have a 16 2500 ram Cummins.

Only issue I had was the def pump. Covered under warranty. I have 35000 on it now and I am on the fence on deleting or not.

I’m in Brazoria county and I’m hearing that they are cracking down on deleted diesels. That makes me nervous.

I’m not going to delete to be obnoxious, I just want to take out the DPF and unplug the EGR.

That’s so weird. I just got mine inspected and after 7$ and 10 minutes was on my way. I’m just north in ft bend co

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                                X