X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
    Anything to save lives right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessir. Anything that saves a life, even if it’s just one. Swimming pools, lakes etc. Maybe even make the law like anytime within 100’ of water life jackets needed. Think about how many people drown. We could save them all.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
      Agree 100% when under power.
      Why stop there?

Comment

Lol... some of y'all wound up this evening

Comment

I was thinking, why don’t we just outlaw boats all together. What’s their real purpose?I mean think of all the deaths and accidents that would be avoided. If we all just had kayaks and of course wearing a pfd.

Comment

I can’t believe how many are against this. This isn’t restricting any personal freedoms. You can still boat just like you always have, just have to have a string attached to you. I don’t know if some of y’all realize how dangerous a unmanned boat going full speed in a circle is when people are in the water. This isn’t just you being put in danger, it’s the rest of your family that gets thrown off the boat with you and gets run over.

Again, don’t wear a life jacket or a seat belt and it’s your life, but don’t put someone else in unnecessary danger due to your sense of “infringement”. This applies to DWI, BWI, etc.

Comment

How about we split the difference and keep it legal to not wear your killswitch but if you arent using it and lose control of your boat and kill someone its a mandatory 25 years in prison, life if you are intoxicated?

Comment

I can’t believe there isn’t a test and license to drive a boat. Too many idiots out there. I’m fine with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  How about we split the difference and keep it legal to not wear your killswitch but if you arent using it and lose control of your boat and kill someone its a mandatory 25 years in prison, life if you are intoxicated?
                  I actually agree with this. If your negligence costs someone else their life then you are liable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    I wouldn't care if the idiots only put themselves in danger. I'm against motorcycle helmet and seatbelts laws, my problem is a dumbazz falling off his running boatand he now has an uncontrolled torpedo going 25mph until it hits whatever it hits
                    That’s always been my thoughts. It reminds me of them trying to ban swimming or wading at San Luis pass. Put some signs out that say it’s dangerous, if someone goes out there they are accepting the risk. The only exception to that would be if a guardians negligence hurts a minor.

Comment

I wear mine, not because its the law or going to be one I want to come home to my family if something bad happens. Plain and simple, your choice wear it or don't but if I am facing the creator and he ask how did you get here I will feel very stupid for saying being to lazy to attach a wrist lanyard. Dang boat kill switch done fired up the brotherhood lol.

Comment

Originally posted by clinthwt View Post
                        I wear mine, not because its the law or going to be one I want to come home to my family if something bad happens. Plain and simple, your choice wear it or don't but if I am facing the creator and he ask how did you get here I will feel very stupid for saying being to lazy to attach a wrist lanyard. Dang boat kill switch done fired up the brotherhood lol.
                        If you're facing the creator and he ask that question, you gonna have bigger problems than a kill switch .
                        Dumb law imo. If they're that worried about, put sensors in the steering wheel. Hands aren't on the wheel, boat don't go.
                        That way it's not even a choice, and it sure would save alot drama. Oh and lives .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Too many idiots out there. I’m fine with this one.
                          you think they will follow this law? hmmmmmm

Comment

The purpose of a law like this is not only to try and deter a negligent behavior but also to allow victims of that negligence a way to seek restitution and justice. Take for instance my cows. If I let my fence go bad and they get out on the highway and cause an accident, I'm liable. I can't just say "they're cows, they don't listen to me". The law is there to allow someone to seek restitution from the damage my livestock caused because of my negligence. The same way if my boat gets loose from me and causes damage to someone or something. I should be liable for my negligence.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-11-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                              you think they will follow this law? hmmmmmm
                              Seat belt law worked pretty well. So yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                                Being impaired is against the law. Forgetting to wear a kill switch is very different from drinking. But drinking or not if the accident wasnt your fault , Say someone pulls out infront of you on the road and you t bone them . No way to avoid it .just because you had a couple beers shouldn't make it your fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X