Kali's Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    If the state makes a law that holds someone accountable for their poor judgment how are they planning on making money off this? You evidently don't understand the way laws like this work. It's not just a traffic ticket. If a person fails to wear a kill switch and injures or kills someone then the state can prosecute that person under this law. At which time any money they would have made from the tickets they wrote would be gone in Attorney cost. I'm for it. Its a good deterrent.
    So you feel like a person should be held criminally liable for an accident.. I guess if you ever hit a kid on a bicycle you should go to jail too huh ..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      So you feel like a person should be held criminally liable for an accident.. I guess if you ever hit a kid on a bicycle you should go to jail too huh ..
      If I'm proven to be negligent then yes. If driving over the speed limit, or under the influence when this accident happens then that person should be held criminally liable.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought this already was a law. Game warden told me but I don't remember if he said I HAVE to be or that I SHOULD be. Either way, I think its a good law.

Comment

If I'm proven to be negligent then yes. If driving over the speed limit, or under the influence when this accident happens then that person should be held criminally liable.

I guess we will just have to disagree. Anytime you leave a gray area they will find away to pin it on you. I shouldn't have to defend myself on court over an accident..

Comment

I shouldn't have to defend myself on court over an accident..
            That's not how the real world works. Accidents can, should, and do, lead to criminal charges every day.

Comment

It's a good rule to live by. It should not be the law. Abbott continues to prove he is a republican, not a conservative.

Comment

I guess we will just have to disagree. Anytime you leave a gray area they will find away to pin it on you. I shouldn't have to defend myself on court over an accident..
                If a drunk driver ran over you dog or your child for that matter and said "opps, sorry that was totally an accident" I guess you would just let him walk? Looks to me like that gray area is black and white.

Comment

If a drunk driver ran over you dog or your child for that matter and said "opps, sorry that was totally an accident" I guess you would just let him walk? Looks to me like that gray area is black and white.

Unpopular opinion: Cars belong in the road. Not people or dogs. If they were hit and the driver was not purposefully driving reckless (Drunk or speeding) then it truly was an accident. No charges should be brought forth.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    Unpopular opinion: Cars belong in the road. Not people or dogs. If they were hit and the driver was not purposefully driving reckless (Drunk or speeding) then it truly was an accident. No charges should be brought forth.
                    Have you ever heard the term "pedestrian" ? Ever seen one walk a dog down the side of the road. The thing about unpopular opinions is, you need to have a leg to stand on or your just being a smart arse.

Comment

Good law and I support it. One of my closest friends was killed on Medina Lake from this very same type accident. Had he been hooked to his kill switch he might still be alive.

Comment

I thought this already was a law lol

Comment

Have you ever heard the term "pedestrian" ? Ever seen one walk a dog down the side of the road. The thing about unpopular opinions is, you need to have a leg to stand on or your just being a smart arse.

Yes, and they have a duty to not walk in the path of a car. Drivers should try to avoid these collisions, but not be held liable for a pedestrian failing to do so.

See Below, I'd say that's a leg to stand on, although I doubt "your" going to agree.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                            Yes, and they have a duty to not walk in the path of a car. Drivers should try to avoid these collisions, but not be held liable for a pedestrian failing to do so.

See Below, I'd say that's a leg to stand on, although I doubt "your" going to agree.
                            Good luck. You'll be needing a lot of it with those types of opinions.

Comment

Being impaired is against the law. Forgetting to wear a kill switch is very different from drinking. But drinking or not if the accident wasnt your fault , Say someone pulls out infront of you on the road and you t bone them . No way to avoid it .just because you had a couple beers shouldn't make it your fault.

Comment

There is one place where you will never have to defend yourself in court for accidents due to negligent behavior...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Jspradley; 06-11-2019, 03:40 PM. Reason: EYE KANT SPEL

Comment

Working...
                                X