No announcement yet.

Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd see about filing a complaint with his employer, sounds like he needs to go back to training.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
      I worked at a deer processing haus for 5 years and when someone wanted their deer capes or the head (which most do) we would pull that ticket out of the back of their regulation book and fill it out staple it to our paperwork and they took the deer and initial tag with them. That’s all you have to do.

This guy must be a total ***
      Originally posted by Killer View Post
      They do this all the time. You should not receive a ticket for this I would not think.
      This is actually backwards, the tag always stays with the meat, the wildlife resource doc goes with the head or any other "parts" of the deer. If you brought him the head I'm not sure what the problem is or how he could write you a ticket unless he's getting you for not having the resource doc accompany the head... but thats not failure to provide proof of sex. Years back when the antler restrictions first started we got a phone call from the warden, we had dropped a buck off at the processor, we had cut head off and took it and he wanted to see it. Not sure if it was for proof of sex or to check the 13" rule but told him its in the freezer your welcome to come look at it but I wasn't coming to him... he never showed up and no ticket was issued.

Comment

Get a lawyer to not only fight and win the case on the ticket, but counter-sue the warden personally for the value of the meat lost due to the wanton waste he caused by his negligent care of the state's deer through his malfeasance.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          I've heard discussions regarding the change in wildlife departments employees from being outdoorsman/hunters to environmentalist/non-hunting types.
          Don't like the sound of that

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
          That’s not good for wildlife.
          It sometimes takes a hunter to catch a poatcher
          ^THIS

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            If you got a ticket for quartering before final destination you got screwed like the OP. You just can’t debone.
            This is the first I have ever heard of not being able to de bone meat.. That must be a weird Texas thing. You go out west and most guys de bone in the field.. I would have been screwed if I couldnt de bone my elk in New Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              This is horrible information. There are no sex specific tags. Proof of antlered vs non is required in the form of the head.
              In some western states you must keep proof of sex attached.. not here in Texas tho..

Comment

if you process it yourself you'll almost never see the GW. I've seen mine once in 10 years and that was driving down the county road in the summer.
                Now for the types they are hiring. Have you looked into the requirements to be a GW. That's a lot of time spent at an institute of higher learning, getting your young head filled with all kinds of liberal ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  This is the first I have ever heard of not being able to de bone meat.. That must be a weird Texas thing. You go out west and most guys de bone in the field.. I would have been screwed if I couldnt de bone my elk in New Mexico

We’ve been discussing quarters only for years in here. In fact, the boss, Michael, and Legdog had an infamous big thread on here, including pics of them on the side of the highway posing with the GWs getting a ticket for deboning their deer in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    if you process it yourself you'll almost never see the GW. I've seen mine once in 10 years and that was driving down the county road in the summer.
                    Now for the types they are hiring. Have you looked into the requirements to be a GW. That's a lot of time spent at an institute of higher learning, getting your young head filled with all kinds of liberal ideas.
                    I'm with you, we have processed close to 100 deer at our farm over the years and no reason for a GW to come by. Like any LEO they go to target rich environments, processors, day hunt dove fields, boat ramps, jetties, deer check stations (when okla had them), etc....had 1 check me hunting cranes but I was next to NWR so I expected that, Oklahoma and really nice guy, asked of gun was plugged and I said its never come out and that was good enough for him.

Comment

In for the outcome

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                        Done passed that
                        check out post 100

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                          I would bet being a “conservationist” verses a hunter type gets you a job faster as a GW these days. I bet there are anti-hunters among the ranks.

I’m so confused after reading this as to what are the actual rules. What a bunch of BS.
                          I bet your right. I bet the OPs GW has to point his toes to put his pants on and probably has a man-bun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                            I do all mine...including jerky and breakfast sausage, right in my kitchen . I won't pay to have mine processed again.
                            Yep. We do all that. Quit using processors when my kids started hunting. Couldn't afford kids hunting and processors too! Plus, they have to (get to?) help grinding, stuffing, and smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              ^ we hear that all the time.... I know him, he is s great guy. The challenge is most of us do not know the GW in the areas we hunt. I owned my place in Polk County 13 years and I saw the GW once (Subway in Corrigan). I always felt a “get to know your local GW day” would make sense? It could actually be a program where participants took some type of class and entered into some type of “friend of the GW” program. Could you imagine how much more effective your local GW could be if he had 15-25 friends in his county. I am not talking about deputizing or anything like that, just a small list of friends the GW knows he has.
                              My old boss used to speak of something like this but I know he used the word "deputy" game warden. He was part of the Arizona Creek Wildlife Association and always talked about taking part in stings and road checks up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                                However, there is too much gray interpretation of rules and too many good guys get caught in the ticket crossfire for situations like OP’s.
                                Good laugh once at the price of an over zealous and uninformed GW in South East Texas. Young GW was adamant he'd write a ticket and might haul you to jail if you had a concealed pistol during bow season with a CHL, depending on his mood. Very boisterous about it in a local archery shop and he was not backing down with my buddy prodding him along and continuing the discussion.

My buddy told him his job was to enforce game laws, not interpret them. They are written in black and white in the annual book. He got some kinda upset. My buddy was the local assistant DA that handled all their cases, lol. There should be no grey area, yet they still find a way,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X