Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
    Are the balls not proof of sex? You said the carcass was still sitting there when you returned.
    Tags are not based on “sex”. They are antlered and antlerless, the “balls” mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Tags are not based on “sex”. They are antlered and antlerless, the “balls” mean nothing.

That’s what Bruce says...

Comment

When enforcing laws you should consider Letter of the law/Spirit of the law, use common sense and good judgement. I’m sorry to say but I have experienced and heard of others dealing with game wardens who seem to have missed this being covered in the academy.

Comment

Had to be hiblers processing in San Saba.

Comment

The real question is, a euro mount for a spike?
            I’m kidding. I’m sure it will look cool

Comment

I’m always amazed at these stories and how many wardens seem to go out of their way to harass hunters that try to abide by the law instead of supporting the sport. Shouldn’t their focus be on people blatantly poaching, etc? I remember a story from someone on here who got on a new lease and invited the local warden over to meet everybody and check all licenses, then after that the warden stopped by every weekend and checked everyone, seemingly just to be a d*ck.

Comment

The real question is, a euro mount for a spike?
                I’m kidding. I’m sure it will look cool

Comment

I bet they dismiss the ticket before court date and hope the situation is over. What was he processing cost on your spoiled deer?

Comment

3 pages!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      I bet they dismiss the ticket before court date and hope the situation is over. What was he processing cost on your spoiled deer?
                      $80. I raised hell while I was in there because they screwed up on archery doe I had dropped off with them.
                      But they ain’t dismissing it. Talked to them today. Finally got a date.

Comment

I love a good “GW did me wrong” thread and always shake my head as having read enough of them, I go out of my way to avoid any contact with these guys.... which is a shame because I follow the rules and champion the GW to catch those who do not. However, there is too much gray interpretation of rules and too many good guys get caught in the ticket crossfire for situations like OP’s. There are so many blatant violators out there, I hate to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          So you actually make your own deer link sausage, summer sausage, breakfast sausage, burger, jerky, cutlets and hunters sticks all by yourself?
                          I do - Jerky, pemmican, Italian sausage, chorizo, maple breakfast, garlic, and andouille all made at home this year. Really isn't that big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            So you actually make your own deer link sausage, summer sausage, breakfast sausage, burger, jerky, cutlets and hunters sticks all by yourself?
                            Yes

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              I’m always amazed at these stories and how many wardens seem to go out of their way to harass hunters that try to abide by the law instead of supporting the sport. Shouldn’t their focus be on people blatantly poaching, etc? I remember a story from someone on here who got on a new lease and invited the local warden over to meet everybody and check all licenses, then after that the warden stopped by every weekend and checked everyone, seemingly just to be a d*ck.
                              When I was a kid and a young man, most of the game wardens I knew were hunters and regular guys, but I don't know if that's true anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them are even a little anti-hunting. I've seen several that had a snotty manner, and I've only ever had one ticket in my life, and that was for not having my flotation cushions in the boat. (It doesn't do any good when they're at home). We had one in Runnels Co. that started out kinda like that, but when he got to know us, he was a stand up guy. He was diligent, but I'm sure they deal with lots of liars on a daily basis and that's got to jade you somewhat.

OP, I hope you get this worked out to your satisfaction.

Comment

Something's going to have to give with all of the CWD transport restrictions. The last few years have left me with no option other than bringing home as many as 7 or 8 deboned deer at a time from out of state. I know that the law is just vague enough for somebody to give me a hard time if they wanted to. All I can do is carry all of my tags and hope the interstate laws will supercede Texas' unique quarter law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X