No announcement yet.

Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Wardens are great but I know this to be true...some don’t know their own laws. This guy sounds like a great example.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      They do this all the time. You should not receive a ticket for this I would not think.
      That’s what I thought I feel terrible for this guy. Bad situation hope it works out good

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        So if I quarter my deer in camp for the long drive home and then take it to the processor on my way home, how in the **** do I keep the head attached?

I have just put the head in the truck bed and tossed when I got home the few times I have done this.

Not sure that’s even allowed. I once got two tickets for “quartering before final destination” and failure to retain proof of sex. Mind you, this was 4 days after I shot the two deer and I already had the meat in my freezer. I lived in an apartment at the time and quartered the deer at my parent’s house before transporting to my apartment. Both tickets were dismissed before the court date but still a waste of my time. Should still have a copy in the filing cabinet somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Not sure that’s even allowed. I once got two tickets for “quartering before final destination” and failure to retain proof of sex. Mind you, this was 4 days after I shot the two deer and I already had the meat in my freezer. I lived in an apartment at the time and quartered the deer at my parent’s house before transporting to my apartment. Both tickets were dismissed before the court date but still a waste of my time. Should still have a copy in the filing cabinet somewhere.

Meat has to be kept in quarters. You cannot debone it or process it a y further until it reaches its final destination.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            Meat has to be kept in quarters. You cannot debone it or process it a y further until it reaches its final destination.

Skinny

That’s crazy to me. Dad’s got all the processing equipment, I can’t legally process my deer at his place and eat it at mine?

Comment

That’s crazy to me. Dad’s got all the processing equipment, I can’t legally process my deer at his place and eat it at mine?

I would say that once it arrives at the place of processing, that is the final destination.

You can’t haul the meat home from the hunting grounds deboned or broke down any further than four quarters from my understanding.

Skinny

Comment

Are the balls not proof of sex? You said the carcass was still sitting there when you returned.

Comment

Got al

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post
                    Are the balls not proof of sex? You said the carcass was still sitting there when you returned.
                    Im kind of in the habit of removing those when gutting the animal.

Comment

Originally posted by crumrw View Post

Tags are for buck or antlerless not ball or balless. [emoji23]

Skinny

Comment

Hmmm...once you get it to your house quartered up...it is at its final destination. What you do with it after that should not matter. However, after a bad situation with a friend, I don't trust Game wardens much. Sad as it is.

Most all LEOS will show show discretion(even motorcycle cops )...But I firmly believe you can not have a "normal" conversation with a game warden... all the while he is looking to get evidence of a crime.

sad state of affairs.

Comment

If you got a ticket for quartering before final destination you got screwed like the OP. You just can’t debone.

Comment

I’d fight it. And then ask the judge for the game warden to write himself a waste of game ticket because you will not eat a deer that had been sitting outside unskinned and on no ice

Comment

Call your GW & pick his brain about final destination options you expect to deal with / on sight & during the trip. It's going to boil down to discretion of the individual but it's likely as you say a good clean harvest being brought in. Good luck.
                              Last edited by Artos; 02-04-2019, 12:59 AM.

Comment

This typical experience with a GW. If what your GW says is true, then the whole State of Tx is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X