Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Question on ticket from the GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s what the tag in the back of the book of regulations is for.... they are supposed to use that when you split the deer up.

If this story is true that game warden is wrong. The deer has reached its final destination before it is put in packaging. the Processor is wrong and you could bring them into the mix if your daughter is a witness by simply saying the butcher guys cut the head off and put it in my truck. The tag and the secondary paperwork from the butcher makes them liable because they verified it was a buck.

Best of luck to you this kind of stuff drives me nuts when I hear about it

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
      Didn't you post some pics on FB of that spike? I would definitely go to court with any evidence you have and witnesses.
      Yes sir. My daughter was the one who took the pictures. GW was just a complete *** the whole time. My buddy who left the property behind me even said he would go to court with me because the head was on the deer when we left the property. I had no reason to take the head off. I just didn’t want them to toss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
        That’s what the tag in the back of the book of regulations is for.... they are supposed to use that when you split the deer up.

If this story is true that game warden is wrong. The deer has reached its final destination before it is put in packaging. the Processor is wrong and you could bring them into the mix if your daughter is a witness by simply saying the butcher guys cut the head off and put it in my truck. The tag and the secondary paperwork from the butcher makes them liable because they verified it was a buck.

Best of luck to you this kind of stuff drives me nuts when I hear about it
        I have a picture of the paper work from the processor where they wrote spike on it. They also crossed out the note that says I took the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
          The way he explained it to me was I had to go to my taxi and he would write me a document and then go to your processor and leave that paper with them. Then take the head back to the processor. Makes no sense to me but I don’t have a gun and badge.

That sounds like horse****.....many processors offer caping services.

I usually am on the side of our LEOs but this sounds like an over-zealous superstar.

Comment

What a joke, you should file a complaint at the least. Too bad you were harassed like that. It’s almost like they hate hunters too much of the time. And I support LEO.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              That sounds like horse****.....many processors offer caping services.

I usually am on the side of our LEOs but this sounds like an over-zealous superstar.
              I worked at a deer processing haus for 5 years and when someone wanted their deer capes or the head (which most do) we would pull that ticket out of the back of their regulation book and fill it out staple it to our paperwork and they took the deer and initial tag with them. That’s all you have to do.

This guy must be a total ***

Comment

Originally posted by Peta-hata View Post
                What a joke, you should file a complaint at the least. Too bad you were harassed like that. It’s almost like they hate hunters too much of the time. And I support LEO.
                I did make some phone calls and supposedly he was reprimanded. I doubt it but who knows.

Comment

So if I quarter my deer in camp for the long drive home and then take it to the processor on my way home, how in the **** do I keep the head attached?

I have just put the head in the truck bed and tossed when I got home the few times I have done this.

Comment

That right there is why they have a bad rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      So if I quarter my deer in camp for the long drive home and then take it to the processor on my way home, how in the **** do I keep the head attached?

I have just put the head in the truck bed and tossed when I got home the few times I have done this.
                      I have no clue. I was just as shocked when he said he was writing me a ticket. I honestly didn’t understand what I had done wrong. I argued that I was in possession of proof of sex. The processor was in possession of a deer without proof. He said it doesn’t work that way.

Comment

What a chicken shat.

Take his azz to court and ask for a jury trial.

Comment

I usually hit the taxi on the way home, and bleed out my meat in a cooler for 3-5 days. I don’t carry a head to the processor hardly ever. Nor have I been asked for it. The tag is the only thing that needs to stay with the meat.

Game warden needs an *** chewing for being wrong.

Comment

Hate to hear this. This is what gives so many GW a bad name, when many are just like us. Hope all works out for you cause I’d be ****** as hell. Go to court and present you side.

Comment

That’s chicken ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
                                The processor is Neil’s Taxidermy and Processing in Whitt TX. Warden was Parker county.
                                Was it a she? Or a he?

Comment

Working...
                                X