Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Had you shot out to 80-90 yards before hand?
    Yes, I've shot several times, out to 84-85 yards here at my house. I've never shot that far at an animal before I shot this elusive, pterodact-saurus Rex.
    Last edited by Fling em; 01-22-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Easy you kill em 8 at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You killed 8 in one sit with a bow?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        You killed 8 in one sit with a bow?

Oh ya [emoji106][emoji2532][emoji123][emoji2533]

Comment

Judgement is very quick here, pays to keep words and descriptions to a minimum. Seasons almost over and some just have to police everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I miss the good ole days of TBH when a post like this could be enjoyed and celebrated for what it is ... one heck of a shot that very few of us could ever pull off. Luck or not, it's still impressive.

As for finding the javelina, again, if there's anyone on here that has a 100% recovery on bow shot animals, my hat is off to you ... until you do loose one.

Comment

Get the hell outta here, are you a Game Warden?? Who cares.... its a stupid Javelina.

Comment

You guys are a barrel of fun as usual. Great shot.

Comment

Great shot !!! Regardless of how it's worded, you made an attempt at retrieving and just were unsuccessful. You didn't do anything wrong.

Comment

As others had said, great shot. Doesn’t matter how you word anything anymore someone will brow beat you. I shot a pig in the head a couple of years with my bow. I was super stoked, posted it in another hunting forum (that I’m no longer part of) & I got ripped to shreds over that. Any how great shot.

Comment

I'd be a hypocrite if I said I make the same effort for a javi that I do for a deer. They often retreat to some nasty stuff, making tracking very difficult. I'll call a dog for most deer, but wouldn't consider doing so for a javi. I don't like risking my $25+ bullets (arrows) on javelina, so more often than not I don't shoot them. I'm pretty certain that the majority of people that shoot javelinas don't eat them, so most are guilty of "wonton waste" as defined by game laws.

I happen to think the game laws regarding javis are intentionally vague. As a native species, they are considered a "game animal", and I think they should be protected to avoid complete eradication. They are cool critters and an important part of the south Texas landscape (aesthetically). They are fun targets for the kids, especially when their numbers are high as on our ranch. But there are no tags or closed season for them and I don't get the feeling that game wardens will go out of their way to investigate whether the "bag limit" is exceeded or to prove "wonton waste."

I'm not sure any would admit it publicly, but I would be curious to get a South Texas GWs take on it.

Congrats on the nice shot. Sorry you weren't able to recover for the LDP.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks Social Media.
                        This is exactly why I don't have Facecrap, twatter, and any other SM, nor do I post videos.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          Oh ya [emoji106][emoji2532][emoji123][emoji2533]

Comment

Hey man, nice shot!

Comment

The snowflakes are out in full force today!!!

Comment

I saw the title of the thread and knew there was gonna be butt hurt lol. Nice shot op.

Comment

Working...
                                X