Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shot, good job, don't listen to nay sayers. Gotta admit I didn't see the pc culture hitting this board to this degree.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
      I don’t get people sometimes... if this were a deer, most people would be up in arms that it is completely unethical and wrong. Then they’d berate the OP for not making a reasonable attempt to recover, based on the unedited post. Next would be the few folks that come in to say it’s his choice, who would then get bashed as well.

But, since this NATIVE GAME ANIMAL isn’t a whitetail, a lot of folks don’t seem to worry about it. I’d like to get a listing of game animals from most to least important so that we can try and come up with SOPs for how to treat this, because obviously the law isn’t what really steers it.
      I'd like to see that list also. I get bashed for saying people shouldn't gut shoot hogs on purpose. And hear people say ethics don't apply to rodents. Javis are big rodents

Just my opinion but if you think animals feel pain you should treat them all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        I'd like to see that list also. I get bashed for saying people shouldn't gut shoot hogs on purpose. And hear people say ethics don't apply to rodents. Javis are big rodents

Just my opinion but if you think animals feel pain you should treat them all the same.
        Agreed, 100%

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Do you feel cheated out of a good bashing thread?
          Lol!!! A little bit... they make the day go faster

Comment

Great shot, sorry your getting so much trash talk over it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
              Never called you any of those things. I was trying to be nice. If you think I’m such a women about it why did you edit your comment. I don’t give two craps what you do with the javi. There are game wardens on this site and I was just trying to help.
              I am sure the game wardens will be all over this lost javi

Comment

I'll say it again...

If you post your dirty laundry on TBH, there are many here that will launder it for you.

Comment

I wouldn't think twice of doing that to a feral hog. And No I don't shoot at 86 yards ever.....I understand some folks can get up in arms pretty quick. I also understand the legal ramifications of Wanton Waste. What I don't see the point of is the division amongst our ranks. If the OP broke the law....that's on him.

I had an old co-worker tell me one time....it's a heck of a lot easier to look out of a window than into a mirror.

Comment

The only reason I am upset about this thread is because for east,tx hunters like me we have to go pay upwards of $500+$gas+$food $etc to shoot a javelina on a south,tx ranch. And they are considered bush rats that are commonly just blown and thrown. In short....I'm jealous. Always wanted one on my wall

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      The only reason I am upset about this thread is because for east,tx hunters like me we have to go pay upwards of $500+$gas+$food $etc to shoot a javelina on a south,tx ranch. And they are considered bush rats that are commonly just blown and thrown. In short....I'm jealous. Always wanted one on my wall
                      Go to the Texas Shoot out. Lots of TBHers will be there.

Comment

I don’t hunt South much anymore but if I did I wish I knew how to keep them away. I use to go run down senders chasing them off and by the time I sat back down they would be back sucking down corn. I’d watch them suck down 100# of corn some afternoons

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'll say it again...

If you post your dirty laundry on TBH, there are many here that will launder it for you.
                          Heck you can’t even post clean laundry on here now.... ask me how i know

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            X1010193729 glad Mexico sees them for the rats they are
                            Word

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I don’t hunt South much anymore but if I did I wish I knew how to keep them away. I use to go run down senders chasing them off and by the time I sat back down they would be back sucking down corn. I’d watch them suck down 100# of corn some afternoons

Easy you kill em 8 at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                Heck you can’t even post clean laundry on here now.... ask me how i know
                                Lmao! Yes you do!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X