Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sour grapes maybe, but is kirby smart just a great recruiter, or something else??

uga just goes straight to the upper echelon, right there with bama!? lose the top recruit from a year ago, and then immediately flip the #9 pro style qb from ohio st with never even hosting him on a visit!??

i hope saban calls the watch dogs on them like he did on ole miss.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
      sour grapes maybe, but is kirby smart just a great recruiter, or something else??

uga just goes straight to the upper echelon, right there with bama!? lose the top recruit from a year ago, and then immediately flip the #9 pro style qb from ohio st with never even hosting him on a visit!??

i hope saban calls the watch dogs on them like he did on ole miss.

Saban won’t call on UGA cause Kirby knows where all the bodies are buried. [emoji15]

Comment

I’m pumped with our class in Aggieland. We got some studs at most positions of need. I’m talking about kids that can contribute right away. At the end of the day though it’s all about player development. Can you take that raw talent and make an elite level ball player. That’s the question.

Looks like we got 3 spots left. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Saban won’t call on UGA cause Kirby knows where all the bodies are buried. [emoji15]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. We need to get those signatures back!

Comment

Y'all get all them ants sorted out yet?

Looks like we're gonna need a new rug....again..

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              true. i just hope kirby will keep calling the 4 and 9 punter sweeps. if uga gets a title, thats gonna really be hard to deal with. UF is getting owned by those butt sniffers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                Well said! Offense stability has been a big issue at UT since Colt left. For 10 years we haven't had the kind of consistency that having Sam, LJH, and CJ back next season will bring. What's not to like about them returning?

Almost makes me feel sad for poor aggy. Almost. Sad that they can't even enjoy the most success they've had since Sumlin had the #4 ranked class in 2014. They should be celebrating and hyping up what they think their team is about to achieve instead of worrying about what big brother is doing. Their jar would overflow if Traveon Williams decides to come back for his Sr. season.
                Don’t lump us all into that, you have 1-2 doing it. While the rest are excited about the day and excited about several of the guys coming in.

And I’d love for Williams to come back and have read some stuff that he might, give Spiller a chance to RS and give Corbin another year to grow and mature under Williams

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  Nice haul, any tuna talk out there?
                  I saw a few reports from boats who went tuna fishing. Looked like it was pretty slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    I saw a few reports from boats who went tuna fishing. Looked like it was pretty slow.
                    I’ve heard the same. My son went looking for them Sunday-Monday, no tuna but had a good meat haul.

I can see Saban, Kirby, and Jimbo at the top on signing day becoming the norm for the next few years, they’re the most proven commodity in the game at recruiting and developing players. I’d be interested to know how many players that all three went after with guns blazing ended up somewhere other than at one of their schools or possibly LSU.

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

It will be huge if TH can get LJH, CJ and BJ to return for their senior seasons! It doesn’t get any more immediate impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Last edited by Chad C; 12-20-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

On paper, among the best rest recruiting classes at A&M ever with a Top 5 class...yet they're just above middle of the pack in their own division/conference!

I saw a stat yesterday that around 50% of prospects signed during first day of the early period, with over 2/3 of the top 300 players signing so far. Ags signed 22 of 26 (with 1 more scheduled before Friday), with no real surprises (other than Hunter for the positive.) Hopefully they can continue to build on the Jimbo momentum.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                          I’ve heard the same. My son went looking for them Sunday-Monday, no tuna but had a good meat haul.

I can see Saban, Kirby, and Jimbo at the top on signing day becoming the norm for the next few years, they’re the most proven commodity in the game at recruiting and developing players. I’d be interested to know how many players that all three went after with guns blazing ended up somewhere other than at one of their schools or possibly LSU.
                          Kirby and Jimbo worked with Saban so they know his tricks (or what you can get away with)! Pruitt did pretty good also for how their season went this year and the fiasco they had trying to hire a coach.

Comment

As they head to the finish line, We get to watch the Shep saga play out, see if TH did enough to win over the parents of Catalon, peak in 16 days from now to see If Bru sides with USC or heads to Austin, see how hard TH and company go after Glass and whether or not they can find atleast 1 more OL if Hookfin sides with Texas.

Comment

I hope that the Aggies can recruit Williams to stay another year but if not, I think we will be okay with Corbin and company. While this appears to be a very strong class and one that fits needs, I am most excited to see Baylor Cupp from Brock and Leal from Judson on the field and I don't think I will be waiting long.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                On paper, among the best rest recruiting classes at A&M ever with a Top 5 class...yet they're just above middle of the pack in their own division/conference!

I saw a stat yesterday that around 50% of prospects signed during first day of the early period, with over 2/3 of the top 300 players signing so far. Ags signed 22 of 26 (with 1 more scheduled before Friday), with no real surprises (other than Hunter for the positive.) Hopefully they can continue to build on the Jimbo momentum.
                                Great class for the Ags. I looked it over last night for the first time and it looked like it was pretty balanced throughout. No more 8 WR classes.

It seems the majority of the better plays are leaning towards signing early, which helps all the other guys get noticed between now and Feb. If a team missed on a position, that 3 star is going to look like a 5 star the next two months. The pool to fish from just got smaller, so the competition just got ramped up for these guys.

I think the other trend is having guys enroll early and get in spring ball. I think this is huge for the development of these guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X